Acer Predator Triton PT515-51, solution for Turbo button not working ! Might work for other models.

Options
sheppardpat47
sheppardpat47 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello everyone

So, I bought that laptop from a customer of mine for quite cheap (300 euros) and I changed thermal paste, pads, greased the fans, and of course : Reinstalled Windows.

It works well, it's a good laptop, but it's ALWAYS overheating, even after putting some real good thermal paste, and I found out that the turbo button was useful to get some degrees back. 

But it never worked, until now

My Windows is bloatware free and there's just what I need, I use Windows 11

So I proceeded like this : 

- Uninstall every Acer Apps you got, then restart.
- Type on the CMD "lodctr /r" (without commas) and with CMD run as an admin.
- Go to the Acer website, search your model, then download Predator Sense, and Quick Access Application
- Then install Quick Access Application, restart 
- Install Predator Sense, restart.
- Go to the BIOS, and go to the "exit" section, and select "Load setup defaults" then don't touch anything else and select "Save and exit"
- And now, normally, Turbo Button should work !

By the way, Quick Access will get restored the "OSD" that shows if numlock is activated, or turbo button, or touchpad activated, or caps lock... like on this picture : 

Only problem I had, when I tap FN + F2, turbo is working?? It should just deactivate touchpad, but I never deactivate it but it's funny to see. Here is the video of it
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/7heST0kD9j0

If it doesn't work, reinstall Windows, and try again. 

I'm so happy to have it right now because sometime the turbo button can be useful, when you need a cooler surface.

Answers

• sheppardpat47
    sheppardpat47 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    ok... that turbo button is now deactivating my touchpad, it works as part time touchpad button and part time turbo button
    what the heck...