No battery charge limit on Extensa 215-52

Mko61
Mko61 Member Posts: 3 New User
In the Acer Care Center I don't have the option to activate the battery charge limit. Tha app is the latest version (4.00.3042.0 at the moment).

Is this normal or is it wrong and is there a way to make it work?

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon
    Unfortunately, this does not work with Acer Care Center on all machines.
  • Mko61
    OK, but is there a list of the models with o without this feature? How can I be sure that there are no hardware or software problems?

I'm quite disappointed if the feature is not available in this model, as I mainly use the laptop as a "mobile desktop" and rarely run on battery.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    There is no list that I am aware of. It would have to be a cooperative effort of the users here to tell us which models support that and which don't. There are also models (I believe) where that option is set in the BIOS rather than via a Windows app. It's not really that important, since the battery longevity change is pretty minimal.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Mko61
    In my company, people who use the laptop as a desktop replacement and leave it connected all the time DO experience a faster battery degradation. In a couple of year, even less, the difference is evident. Sure, they're not this specific model, not even Acer. Anyway, I've a workaround in mind, I'll try it as soon as I have some time and tell you.
  • I remember that some dell models make this feature available in the power options. But it's a feature that has to be available in the bios too, to work.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    I would think it would be a simple matter to handle in an app in the OS, unless there are no hooks to disable charging, even though charging does get disabled when the battery is fully charged...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.