Laptop wont Shutdon Acer Helios Predator 300 2019

LovreMamuzić
LovreMamuzić Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited August 2022 in Predator Laptops
So about a Year ago I bought Acer Helios Predator 300 2019 rtx 2060 version , a year later now My laptop refuses to shut down in a normal way go to start press shut down and thats it, but my laptop only shuts down if I hold power button for 5-10 secs is there a fix to that? I cant reinstall my windows  because I dont have the time or money for a new SSD to backup my stuff. Yes im in insider version of win11, Im worried that my laptop will break or maybe fry itself if I keep shuting it down like that ,I have like 10 games installed on it so maybe the games have slowed down the pc(Vanguard, Cold War, Warzone, GTA IV, S.T.A.L.K.E.R Series, GTA SA(THE OG ONE), Minecraft, Left 4 Dead 1&2 , Division 2 ,Cyberpunk 2077) those are all the games I have. I hope I dont have to wipe my SSD because of it, This has started Since Windows 11 insider mode ,my laptop would Freeze when I open any game for 5 10 min and proceed to GreenScreen, but when Im not playing any games It doesnt freeze and greenscreens. When I play Cod Cold war when textures dont load in game I know that my laptop will greenscreen. SO IF anybody knows how to fix this ,please hell me

( edited the title to add the model name )

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer
    Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left  pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable near the top of the next pane. Scroll down and uncheck box for fast startup. Shutdown Windows normally. Stilll press and hold power button when it doesn't auto shutdown. Then turn machine back on. Test normal shutdown again.

Jack E/NJ

• MinniPurple
    MinniPurple Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

My Predator Helios 300 plays tricks with the closing too. Quick launch has already been removed from it.
    I doubt it's a bigger deal.

• MinniPurple
    MinniPurple Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Windows has been reloaded on my Predator Helios 300 computer and the Bios has also been updated... BUT this problem was not fixed. It still doesn't always turn off properly.

Why doesn't the machine always want to turn off properly?

Does anyone know about this problem and what else can be done?

• p1pster
    p1pster Member Posts: 1 New User

Did you ever get to the bottom of this, i have the same issue?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer

Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power
    buttons do' in left  pane. Click 'change settings that are currently
    unavailable near the top of the next pane. Scroll down and uncheck box
    for fast startup. Shutdown Windows normally. Stilll press and hold power
    button when it doesn't auto shutdown. Then turn machine back on. Test
    normal shutdown again.

Jack E/NJ