Predator Tritron 300 SE ( PT314-51S) GPU never goes idle

Options
APers
APers Member Posts: 4 New User
Today I realised that my GPU never goes idle anymore. It used to be idle for majority of time when I was just browsing or doing the "office work". Now it's never idle, PredatorSense is constantly showing the GPU temperature (it used to just say that it's idle and no temperature was shown). It doesn't change even after fresh start when no apps are open yet. I din't change any graphic settings. Can I do something about it? And also - is it normal and what could possibly cause it?

I don't really have any more new apps, maybe Vortex for games but it's definitely off now.

Answers

• APers
    APers Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Another question: Should PredatorsSense show GPU temperature when idle? Maybe there was some update and now the temperature is constantly visible?

From what I know GPU is considered idle when it's not running any programs (and technically it isn't) and the discrete GPU is not being used all the time. It only shows values when it is being used (???) so I really don't understand what happened.

///sorry for a double comment, I wanted to edit the previous one and delete this one but i can't :neutral: