Black external Acer monitor QG241Y - no signal

Options
lakeg
lakeg Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2022 in Monitors
Hello could someone please help me resolve this?
I have hooked an external Acer monitor QG241Y to a Lenovo Thinkpad with a VGA cable (Windows 10). I left for a few days and plugged the VGA cable out. I plugged everything back in and nothing shows on the external monitor, Windows identified it it shows on the laptop screen (Monitor plug and play) but the screen is still black with a No signal message. I switched off all the equipment, laptop and external screen, started everything again, no successs...
Can anyone please help me resolve this? I have this problem since yesterday

( edited the title to add the model name )

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did you press fn+f5 or windows+p? Is the video card driver installed?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • lakeg
    Options
    Hello
    I pressed windows+p. The video card driver? I have a graphic card driver Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 that also shows on the Device management screen.
    As I said before the external monitor was perfectly fine 4 days ago before I left.

This is not the first time I do this (unplug my devices and replug them when I get back) but this is new to me...
  • ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options
    Hi @lakeg

You can try the monitor self test. Try to disconnect the monitor including the power, HDMI cable and take it out separately. Then try to press and hold down the power button for 30 secs. Then connect all the cables back try to turn it on and check to see if that makes any difference.

Hope it will help you in some way. 
  • lakeg
    Options
    Hi ragsak28
    Thank you for your message. I proceeded exactly as indicated in your message but to no avail
    I will try now to erase the external monitor in my devices and reinstall it again..
    ragsak28 said:
    Hi @lakeg

You can try the monitor self test. Try to disconnect the monitor including the power, HDMI cable and take it out separately. Then try to press and hold down the power button for 30 secs. Then connect all the cables back try to turn it on and check to see if that makes any difference.

Hope it will help you in some way. 

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you connect the laptop to another monitor? Just to check if the hdmi port is detecting the external monitor.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • lakeg
    Options
    Hi Coelho

Problem solved :) I switched cables and am using now a HDMI cable instead of VGA cable and it works!
    Thanks for your help!