I have Nitro 5 SSD temp too high

Randall2004
Randall2004 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited August 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hello, I have Nitro 5 with m.2 SSD, this is my first experience with m.2 drives.. So, month ago I've bought this laptop and after like week I found out that the SSD temp was pretty high, like it gets around 50-60 degrees Celsius when I am doing literally nothing on laptop and while gaming the temp is around 70-80. Is this normal or should I worry?

Otvori fotku

[Edited the title to add the model name ]

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,087 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022
    Hello, I have Nitro 5 with m.2 SSD, this is my first experience with m.2 drives.. So, month ago I've bought this laptop and after like week I found out that the SSD temp was pretty high, like it gets around 50-60 degrees Celsius when I am doing literally nothing on laptop and while gaming the temp is around 70-80. Is this normal or should I worry?

Otvori fotku
    Hi,
    You could try removing the SSD, check for any dust or debris in the slot and wipe the pins on the SSD with a soft cloth, leave it to rest for a while, then reinsert it at an angle and install by tightening the screw, don't over tighten the screw, hand tight should be fine.
  • Randall2004
    Randall2004 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I've tried to clean everything, wiped pins and hand tightened screw but it didn't helped, I was now only googling for about hour and the temp is 66 degrees Celsius so no improvement in there,  I have no clue why is it like that.. but if it helps, the ssd is mounted under CPU or GPU fan (im not 100% sure which one)
  • Halfborn
    Halfborn Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

if there are 2 NVME ports in ur model try plugging it in the other one

• Halfborn

Tinkerer

also another one of my suggestions is to actually use a laboratory thermometer or an IR Thermometer to find out if it is actually heating up that much might be just a faulty reading.

• Halfborn

Tinkerer

most often ur system will stutter or even stop if ur ssd is indeed heating upto 71*C since is it wayyyy above its optimum working temperature