charger for Predator Helios 300 PH-317-55 Can anyone tell me what the correct specs and plug size?

Options
tvr4
tvr4 Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited June 2023 in Predator Laptops
My laptop came with a charger and the plug keeps popping out.  It is a straight plug.
It is a Chicony A20-330P1A

The original charger keeps setting off the over load alarm on my APC Battery Backup.

I am looking to purchase another charger

Can anyone tell me what the correct specs and plug size are?
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    Specs and part nos shown below. Nominal 19vdc in 180watt or 230watt power outputs.  Your APC backup is probably too small for the 230watt Chicony when the laptop power demands are high. Your laptop battery should be 100% charged and plugged in BEFORE starting heavy loads.  Once battery level drops below about 50% charge level, charging the battery takes precedent and the charger may then trip the APC. As for the charger plug popping out of the jack, I use a simple bagclip to prevent this.

Jack E/NJ

• tvr4
    Options
    The Charger I have lists Chicony A20-330P1A with specs 19.5V, 16.92A, 330W
    Is this the charger that is supposed to be included with the Laptop?

The battery is usually fully charged since it is plugged in
  • JackE
    Options
    Not according to specs for the PH317-55. 230watt is max. Did you purchase this new or used? A heavy gamer might've tried to overpower the laptop with a 330watt charger. This further confirms why the APC might be tripping.

Jack E/NJ

• tvr4
    Options
    I bought the laptop used.  The guy only had it for a short while.  No idea if the was a gamer or not.
    I think you are right about it overpowering the APC

That would also explain why I can't find that charger on any of the listings for the laptop.
    I will look around and see if I can get one of the 230W Chargers
  • JackE
    Options
    Google search the Acer KP part numbers or simply the keywords  "ph317-55" "charger" "230 watt" for vendors who ship to your location. If you're not a heavy gamer or do a lot of video editing all day long, a 180 watt charger would likely be more than adequate.

Jack E/NJ

• tvr4
    Options
    I am not a gamer but may use it for long periods at times.  I will look around
    Thanks!
  • Wiseguyy
    Wiseguyy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Help, Help !! I Have A Chicony A20-330P1A AC adapter for my Acer Nitro 16 (Brand New) My problem is i need the specific size of the connector that goes into the laptop so I can find a 90 Degree adapter. It is a space consideration with the OEM Connector being a straight inline insert requiring at least 3 inches or more for the thick power supply cable to make a 90 degree angle. So in this case an Angled adapter say 12-16 inches in Length would be ideal. I mean i cannot push my laptop up near a wall without needing at least 4-5 inches to accommodate this super thick connector that plugs (Straight Into The Laptop) See Image to understand the issue. It would have been So much Smarter To Make The Plug-in Angled**To Save Room / Distance

• JackE
    Options

You can use just about any 1.7mm female x 1.7mm male right-angle adapter. If you're willing to wait about 4 weeks delivery times, you can get them from a liexpress for less than $3usd. A lie xpress is a fairly reliable concessionaire like a mazon & La zada. You might even find them on ebay or am azon if you look hard enough but likely at much higher prices.

Jack E/NJ