Helios 300 PH315-54 Poor Battery Life

Options
Gaeaf
Gaeaf Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi! Whenever I use my device unplugged, the battery only lasts for an hour or two. I usually use the device as it is plugged in with the max charge set to 80%. Does the battery really only last an hour or two? Is it normal? If not, is there anything I can do to address this? Thanks!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options
    The 80% limiter does little or nothing for battery longevity, just makes users feel like it is, as well as shorten the on-time unplugged. Letting it charge to 100% does no harm to the battery despite anecdotal claims otherwise you might find on the internet. You can increase on-time by reducing brightness levels to about 50%, limit the number of webpages and programs you have open at any one time,  don't play any hi power demand games or videos, don't run any image or video editing software, don't have any 3rd party antivirus running in the background, don't have anything plugged into output ports --- basically don't do much of anything except turn it on and watch a dimmed desktop screen because that's about how those high advertised battery life numbers are arrived at.     :)

Jack E/NJ

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options
    Hi @Gaeaf

You can try some battery calibrations to check if that makes any difference from the below link.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-calibrate-battery-your-windows-10-laptop

Hope it will help you in some way.