Predator Trition 900 PT917-71touch pad lights

Options
Apollo69
Apollo69 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2022 in Predator Laptops
Hello everyone.
I have a predator triton 900 (PT917-71) running windows 11 home I had this problem that I could not boot to windows (no bootable device found error) and I had to restore the battery power on, power off restore the battery again and then I would boot to windows, and then I thought I maybe need to factory restore it which I did that kinda solve the problem I would boot normally to windows but in some cases, I would get the error of (no bootable device found).
I was not happy with that cuz I was relying on fate, I would power on with the hope of not getting the error, so I thought maybe I need to do another factory reset i did no backup no nothing just factory reset to remove everything, then the boot error was not showing anymore until this day. I used to have a bunch of pirated software maybe that was the cause i don't know, but now i have another problem with the touchpad, in Triton 900 u need to press the icon to show the num pad (which it will turn the numpad lights on) then double click it again to use it as a mouse pad which will turn off the lights and use it as a normal mouse pad.
My case is that the thing works but the lights are always on when i switch from numpad to mousepad which is not supposed to happen, it happened when i first factor reset win 11, i have installed all the drivers from the official web site of acer https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7963?b=1.
Aslo i did a clean install again of win 11 with usb using windows media create tool but still didn't fix the issue.

I added pictures for reference, tu use the pad as a num pad u need to click the little loced thingy and it will be light as the other photo my case is that it stays on always even if i use it as a mouse pad the numbers will still show and that bugs me.

[Thread was edited to add model name to the title]

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,116 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Give this a try, download Acer Quick access App from Acer support site, then uninstall the current installation of Acer Quick Access, reboot and install downloaded Acer Quick Access.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7963?b=1
    If that doesn't help, go to Device manager, right click Keyboards, right click Standard PS/2 Keyboard and select Properties, move to Driver tab and uninstall, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
  • Apollo69
    Options
    @brummyfan2 i did the quick access and didn't work 
    and i cant see Standard PS/2 Keyboard ?

• brummyfan2
    Options
    OK, there are too many HID Keyboard Device in Device Manager, uninstall them leaving only one HID Keyboard Device, do the same for HID compliant mouse, can you find out the details of "Unknown device" under Other devices.
  • Apollo69
    Options
    @brummyfan2 the hid keyboard  devices are bcz i have an wireless  keyboard and a wireless mouse.
    can my thing be a hardware issuse, i think bcz i opened my thing to clean it from dust like i always do i didn't touch anything i just cleaned fans.

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    I think you wait for someone else to chime in, I'm not familiar with this model and unable to help you, please wait, someone will look  in to it.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    can you tell the idhardware of the devices that are with exclamation?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)