Case and motherboard

yorsah
yorsah Member Posts: 1 New User
hi, i have acer tc-886 and i want change the case and the motherboard, can someone tell me what case and motherboard are compatible?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Your Aspire TC-886 uses either a Coffee Lake-S CPU (8th gen) or a Coffee Lake-R CPU (9th gen). You need to determine which is installed... Then choose the case and motherboard combo that supports the same CPU. You should then be able to use the same CPU, memory and drive as you have now. You will need to purchase a new Windows license, since the new motherboard won't have it embedded in it like your stock MB. You existing license is an OEM and to move Windows versions between motherboard you need the retail version, not the OEM.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Your Aspire TC-886 uses either a Coffee Lake-S CPU (8th gen) or a Coffee Lake-R CPU (9th gen). You need to determine which is installed... Then choose the case and motherboard combo that supports the same CPU. You should then be able to use the same CPU, memory and drive as you have now. You will need to purchase a new Windows license, since the new motherboard won't have it embedded in it like your stock MB. You existing license is an OEM and to move Windows versions between motherboard you need the retail version, not the OEM.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.