XV272UKV Firmware rollback possible?

Options
whooby
whooby Member Posts: 2 New User
I did a firmware update on my XV272UKVbmiiprzx but now HDR isn't working anymore. it results in crazy colors no matter, if i enable it in windows or in games. i can't pinpoint it perfectly but i'm pretty sure the firmware update is what caused it. maybe i did it wrong.

is it possible to reset the firmware back to what it was? also how do i check which firmware version is installed on the monitor?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,512 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>is it possible to reset the firmware back to what it was?>>>

Usually no. Have you completely powered down yet, removed all cables, then press and hold power button for about a minute? Then with with PC off, reconnect everything, turn monitor on first, then PC.

Jack E/NJ

• whooby
    whooby Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>is it possible to reset the firmware back to what it was?>>>

Usually no. Have you completely powered down yet, removed all cables, then press and hold power button for about a minute? Then with with PC off, reconnect everything, turn monitor on first, then PC.
    yea. that didn't do anything. i also found out that the only color spaces working now are "general" and "HDR". and as mentioned HDR turns into weird psychadelic colors, when it actually receives an HDR signal from windows or a game. turns out the other color spaces (like sRGB) behave the same on a normal signal. very odd. i found one other instance of this on the internet. the guy didn't even mention firmware. starting to wonder, if this thing just broke on me.

so if i was to send this back to acer. would they just do the same as me with a USB cable or do they have another way to completely renew firmware?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,512 Trailblazer
    Options
    (1) Did you try to install the firmware by running the firmware tool Windows EXE executable?
    (2) Did you get successful installation notice after it completed?

Jack E/NJ