Predator 15 G9-593-735L Storage Upgrade

Options
MeerehM
MeerehM Member Posts: 5 New User
Hello,

I have the Predator G9-593-735L with NVIDIA GTX 1060 HQ and Mustang2_SKS Mother Board, and I want to upgrade the storage drives, both the SSD and HDD.
I read from other articles for other versions of the G9 that the maximum SSD should be 500 GB; is that true for mine or can I go with 1TB or even higher?
Also, what is the maximum HDD/SATA SSD that I can use? currently I have 1 TB 7200 RPM, can I go up to 4 TB?

I know that this is an old model and I have other questions about it that I will post in other threads, but if someone could provide the service manual if it has all these information then I would be grateful. These questions have been asked before but answered vaguely and not the exact questions.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited July 2022
    Options
    MeerehM said:
    Hello,

I have the Predator G9-593-735L with NVIDIA GTX 1060 HQ and Mustang2_SKS Mother Board, and I want to upgrade the storage drives, both the SSD and HDD.
    I read from other articles for other versions of the G9 that the maximum SSD should be 500 GB; is that true for mine or can I go with 1TB or even higher?
    Also, what is the maximum HDD/SATA SSD that I can use? currently I have 1 TB 7200 RPM, can I go up to 4 TB?

I know that this is an old model and I have other questions about it that I will post in other threads, but if someone could provide the service manual if it has all these information then I would be grateful. These questions have been asked before but answered vaguely and not the exact questions.
    Your best solution is to do the Crucial System Scan as that will give you all the ram and drive upgrades for your Predator 15 G9-593-735L, its a simple software install and scan. Crucial guarantee all their suggested upgrades also. With the capacities of a storage drive in windows, read the Windows 10 Size and Hard Drive Size as and if your OS is windows the rules and restrictions on capacities are governed by the formatting system e.g. MBR format up to 2TB and GUID (GPT) format works with drives above 2TB and to a size of 16TB. Also read this official MS article "Windows support for hard disks that are larger than 2 TB" which will give you further details.

• MeerehM
    MeerehM Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    So you are basically saying that there is no limitation from my mother board but from software only?