RAM recommendations for the Acer Predator Orion 3000?

Paelryder
Paelryder Member Posts: 3 New User
Anyone have RAM recommendations for the Acer Predator Orion 3000. Its the P03-630 11th gen I-7 11700F with the B560 chipset. Currently has Adata DDR4 3200 (2 x 8 GB). Cannot get the crucial memory scanner to work to recommend upgrades (suspect Win 11) so thought I would reach out to see if anyone has any recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,453 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    First it's worth noting that your system is a Predator PO3-630 (Predator Orion), not P03-630 (Predator Zero). :) Next it's also worth noting that the BIOS on your system doesn't support XMP profile overclocking, so make sure the memory you purchase isn't designed for XMP in order to get it's full speed. Most XMP memory rated at 3200MHz is actually 2133MHz or 2400MHz and only gets to 3200MHz when overclocked. Installing XMP ram will drop your memory speed to match the lower speed. Finally add memory in matched pairs, so you keep the dual channel performance boost.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,178 Pathfinder
    @Paelryder

Kindly go through the details which is captured from service manual designed for your computer. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,453 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    First it's worth noting that your system is a Predator PO3-630 (Predator Orion), not P03-630 (Predator Zero). :) Next it's also worth noting that the BIOS on your system doesn't support XMP profile overclocking, so make sure the memory you purchase isn't designed for XMP in order to get it's full speed. Most XMP memory rated at 3200MHz is actually 2133MHz or 2400MHz and only gets to 3200MHz when overclocked. Installing XMP ram will drop your memory speed to match the lower speed. Finally add memory in matched pairs, so you keep the dual channel performance boost.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.