(A514-54-501Z) When I'm wirelessly casting from my laptop to my TV the picture size is small?

Billyjackie1031
Billyjackie1031 Member Posts: 24 Networker
Casting wirelessly works but the picture on my 50inch TV screen shows up small and in the left top corner with black on the side and on the bottom. I've tried changing the resolution and projection options with no change. PLEASE HELP!!!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    It might help if you could reveal what brand and model of 50 inch TV that you have. A Samsung model? A Sony?  A Vizio? An LG? HiSense? Toshiba? What model number? Are you using an HDMI cable?

Jack E/NJ

• Billyjackie1031
    Sorry about that. The TV is a Vizio, Model # V505-H9. No, I'm not using HDMI cable. I've never used HDMI cables with this laptop. Always used wirelessly and it's always displayed on the TV in full screen, never had a problem with this laptop until about a week ago. Funny thing is, the warranty ran out 3 days ago.  :D
  • Are you selecting this option?
    How to turn off Laptop Screen when using External Monitor

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    >>>never had a problem with this laptop until about a week ago. >>>

Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. If System Protection is turned on in the box that pops up, click SystemRestore button. Click next. Do you see an automatic restore point with a date time stamp of about a week ago?

Jack E/NJ

• Billyjackie1031
    I don't connect to the tv that way, I connect to it using Microsoft Edge. The reason why I use the browser instead is because for some odd reason the laptop doesn't detect any wireless devices. I just never got into fixing that because the browser always worked fine up until now. After I posted my last post, I went into the settings on my Vizio Tv to make sure all the settings were correct, they were. I went ahead and checked to see if there were any more updates for it, but there were none. Before I posted my question on here, I did a system restore back to July 5th, but that didn't fix it either. Last night I thought I would revisit the display settings on the laptop to try different resolutions, but that also didn't work. I just tried changing the projection options (second screen only) but still no change. I don't know what else to try.
  • JackE
    Is HDMI wired to the Vizio look OK?

Jack E/NJ

• Billyjackie1031
    I'm not using HDMI. I'm connecting to my tv wirelessly. I already told you that before. :D
  • Billyjackie1031
    • This is a picture of my 50inch tv screen and this is how it looks when i (wirelessly) cast from my laptop to the tv. It used to be full screen, but now it's like this.....
  • Billyjackie1031
    edited August 2022
    I think i've found something! My tv updated about the time this happened and now it has this "Chromecast" [Content removed] on it. I've read on the "Chromecast" forum to uncheck the option that says, "Optimize to full screen". Yea, Seems like you would leave that checked i know, but that's what it said. So, I did it and it worked! There's going to be a lot of People wanting to know about this because laptops and Tv's aren't built with this already in them. Neither one of mine are. So, Let everyone else know to uncheck "Optimize to full screen."  Thank you for your help!!!

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]
  • Billyjackie1031
    edited August 2022
    I jumped the gun. IT DIDN'T WORK!!! I don't know what else to try? I hate this "Chromecast" [Content removed] Everything was fine until this happened!!!

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]
  • JackE
    >>>I'm not using HDMI. I'm connecting to my tv wirelessly. I already told you that before.>>>I jumped the gun. IT DIDN'T WORK!!! I don't know what else to try?>>>

Yes, I understood that you're wirelessly casting. What I'd like to know is if the HDMI wired connection shows full screen OK.

Jack E/NJ

• Billyjackie1031
    I'll try that and get back to you, but you'll get a kick out of this though..... I have another Vizio in my bedroom that is a 42inch, but when i cast to it, it automatically goes to full screen with no problems. I called Vizio today and we went through some troubleshooting steps, but in the end, they told me that i would have to wait for the next update.  ;)
  • Have you checked the TV resolution here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    >>>you'll get a kick out of this though>>> I called Vizio today>>>but in the end, they told me that i would have to wait for the next update.  >>>

Do you mean that they didn't tell you to wait for the next Acer update.  :D

Does HDMI cable also show small screen?

Jack E/NJ

• Billyjackie1031
    Jack, They did tell me to wait for the next update. :D  HDMI works fine. Fullscreen. 
  • Billyjackie1031
    egydiocoelho, I have checked all of my display settings and graphic settings on my laptop. I'm getting a little fed up with it to tell you the truth! I've done everything i can think of. I even updated my graphics software on my laptop tonight and it still does the same thing. I can cast to my tv, but the picture will not open to full screen. For the past year it would open up to full screen automatically. Almost 2 weeks ago it stopped opening to full screen picture and went to a small screen picture. If you have anymore ideas, i don't care to follow through with them if you do?
  • JackE
    >>>I have another Vizio in my bedroom that is a 42inch, but when i cast to it, it automatically goes to full screen with no problems>>>Jack, They did tell me to wait for the next update. D  HDMI works fine. Fullscreen.  >>>

I think they sincerely meant a Vizio vs Acer update for the 50-incher. What is the chromecaster model?

Jack E/NJ

• Billyjackie1031
    Jack, You there bud?
  • Billyjackie1031
    Well Jack, That's the thing, I didn't have chromecast until the tv updated 2 weeks ago. The Acer laptop is built-in and the tv is built-in to. I'm doing everything you guys tell me to do, but with no luck at all. 
  • JackE
    edited August 2022
    >>>I didn't have chromecast until the tv updated 2 weeks ago>>>

What about the 42 incher? Was it updated too?

Jack E/NJ