My monitor only read 60Hz on DisplayPort cable

Options
memo7ms
memo7ms Member Posts: 4 New User
I've bought acer nitro vg252qs monitor when use DisplayPort  to mini DP cable with my laptop (RTX3060 )
it only show on NVidia control panel resolutions 1080 on the non pc resolutions   and capped to 60 Hz and when choose pc 1080 resolution the screen become black 
when try with HDMI cable it works fine but i can't use adaptive sync is that problem in screen ?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,520 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>when use DisplayPort  to mini DP cable with my laptop (RTX3060 ) it only show on NVidia control panel resolutions 1080 on the non pc resolutions >>>

It might help if you could reveal what brand and model laptop do you have that has the 3060 GPU. Is it an Acer laptop? A Dell laptop? An HP laptop? An Asus laptop? An Apple Mac laptop?

Jack E/NJ

• memo7ms
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>when use DisplayPort  to mini DP cable with my laptop (RTX3060 ) it only show on NVidia control panel resolutions 1080 on the non pc resolutions >>>

It might help if you could reveal what brand and model laptop do you have that has the 3060 GPU. Is it an Acer laptop? A Dell laptop? An HP laptop? An Asus laptop? An Apple Mac laptop?

aours 15p kd 
    the screen works fine with hdmi cable but can't use freesync
  • JackE
    Options
    It has an adaptive sync function that is supposed to be G-sync compatible. But it doesn't have a separate G-Sync function.

Jack E/NJ

• memo7ms
    Options
    JackE said:
    It has an adaptive sync function that is supposed to be G-sync compatible. But it doesn't have a separate G-Sync function.

I know but i talk about the max frequency read on dp caple is 60 hz
  • JackE
    Options
    If the HDMI works OK, what is maximum speed capability for Aorus DP output port and at what resolution? The Aorus DP output port capability may actually be less than the 3060 chip's DP output capability due to mainboard buss limitations. The resolution may also not be ideal for the monitor's DP input.

Jack E/NJ

• memo7ms
    Options
    JackE said:
    If the HDMI works OK, what is maximum speed capability for Aorus DP output port and at what resolution? The Aorus DP output port capability may actually be less than the 3060 chip's DP output capability due to mainboard buss limitations. The resolution may also not be ideal for the monitor's DP input.
    It's v 1.4 dp so it should work fine
  • JackE
    Options
    Yes, the DP port might be capable of that rate,  but the Aorus GPU output to that DP port may be limited to 60Hz. The Aorus should have a specification chart similar  to the example shown below for its DP 1.4 output from its discrete GPU to various monitors and resolutions. As you can see, most monitors will only display 60Hz with a particular GPU-DP port setup.

Jack E/NJ