PredatorSense won't work on Predator PH317-52

Options
TheAlb4troZZ
TheAlb4troZZ Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Hello, i know there are a ton of posts like this but i read every single one of them and followed every step and my PS won't work. To be specific i tried:
1 getting the PS from the acer site for my exact model(nope)
2 getting a newer version of the PS, changed a subfolder in plugs to NG-PH317-52-72NQ(my full model), got installed succesfully but won't start :(
3 changing the name in the SistemProductName to NG-PH317-52-72NQ (neither)
4 changing the name of the Model_Name_1st in the predatorsense registry to predator ph317-52 (nah)
5 copy-pasting the code of the .exe with VxD of an old PS 1.00.308 version on both my version PS and the newer PS neither worked (big sad)
6 tried the APPXBUNDLE thing, the logo apeared, but looped forever so nah
I'm really desperate only the old one works, but i dont want that fossil, i dont even know how it works, can somebody help me?

Best Answer

• TheAlb4troZZ

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    yes, it is installed in C:\Program Files\Acer\PredatorSense Service but it doesn't matter an ideea struck my mind and now it works ! 
    i knew i had the same problem 2 years ago and when i made this account on this forum my usual nickname didn't work(with 1 Z at the end) and i thought this is odd cuz no one uses this thing lol. So after 4 days the ideea that got to me was to search for my usual nickname and found an old account with 1 post saying thank you to this thread and yes it really works :D on the new 3.00.3136 version at least.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/558409/fix-for-predator-sense-failing-to-open-on-windows-10/p1

Thank you so much for your time!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>Predator NG-PH317-52>>>
    Is this the name in the BIOS Information page?

>>> only the old one works, but i dont want that fossil>>>
    What is old version number?

Jack E/NJ

• TheAlb4troZZ

Tinkerer

edited July 2022
    Options
    ~~Is this the name in the BIOS Information page?~~
    yes
    ~~
    What is old version number?~~
    PS 1.00.308
    my version PS is 3.01.3002
    and the newer PS version is 3.00.3136

• TheAlb4troZZ

Tinkerer

edited July 2022
    Options
    ~~Is this the name in the BIOS Information page?~~
    yes
    NG-PH317-52-72NQ
    with the 72NQ at the end also :D
  • JackE
    Options
    If the old version 1.00.308 still works, can you easily re-install it and run it so that it appears in the Task Manager Processes tab under Apps heading? I would like to find the actual  directory that it is installed in C : \ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\AcerIncxxx

Jack E/NJ

• TheAlb4troZZ

Tinkerer

edited July 2022
    Options
    it is installed in C:>Program Files (x86)>Acer>PredatorSense
  • JackE
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Yes but that's only the subdirectory. I'm looking for the EXE executable that starts this  version. Can you find the PredatorSense.EXE file in that subdirectory actually starts the program when you double click on it?

Jack E/NJ

• TheAlb4troZZ

Tinkerer

edited July 2022
    Options
    one of these ?
  • JackE
    Options
    Try double clicking on the PredatorSense file shown below to see if the old PredatorSense version starts. You really should change the view tab in FileExplorer to show all file details including the file extensions like EXE. It's very difficult to troubleshoot problems like this online when file details aren't shown.

Jack E/NJ

• TheAlb4troZZ

Tinkerer

Options
    Done.
    JackE said:
    Try double clicking on the PredatorSense file shown below to see if the old PredatorSense version starts. You really should change the view tab in FileExplorer to show all file details including the file extensions like EXE. It's very difficult to troubleshoot problems like this online when file details aren't shown.

• JackE
    Options
    OK. We know the old version is buried in the C : \ ProgramFiles (x86) folder. If they weren't uninstalled, the new versions are probably buried in the C : \ ProgramFiles folder under an AcerIncorporated WindowsApp folder. So search C : \ ProgramFiles for acer*. What do you find?

Jack E/NJ

• TheAlb4troZZ

Tinkerer

Options
    There is nothing about PS in there, just ^Acer Quick Access^, ^StorPSCTL^ and ^User Experience Improvement Program^
  • JackE
    Options
    If it allows you to do so, please change the name of the old PredatorSense folder to PredatorSense0ld.  Then try to install the 3.01.3002 again from the download site to see if it installs.

Jack E/NJ

• TheAlb4troZZ

Tinkerer

Options
    It doesn't let me, i renamed the old one but it says i have to uninstall the old one.
  • JackE
    Options
    Did we ever try to uninstall the old version before?

Jack E/NJ

• TheAlb4troZZ

Tinkerer

Options
    yes i did, but the 3.01.3002 and the 3.00.3136 don't work at all. They display the ^Sorry, this computer is not supported!^
  • JackE
    Options
    Extract the 3.00.3136 zip file. Can you find a PLUG sub-folder with another sub-folder named Predator PH317-52? If yes, try re-naming Predator PH317-52 subfolder to Predator NG-PH317-52. Then try it again.

Jack E/NJ

• TheAlb4troZZ

Tinkerer

Options
    Not quite the same version.. which one should i rename?

• JackE
    Options
    Try renaming the first one first. PH317-52 & PH315-52 are supposed to share the same mainboard. What's in the PH315-52 folder? If it doesn't work you can move on to renaming the second folder.

Jack E/NJ

• TheAlb4troZZ

Tinkerer

Options
    e tried re-naming all of the subfolders in Plugs Predator NG-PH317-52, one by one and then changed the name back, all displayed ^Sorry, this computer is not supported^.
    Then i tried re-naming the first one just 
    NG-PH317-52-72NQ  , without ^Predator^ and it got installed, but it just shows me the logo for a few seconds as if it wanted to start but nope.
    Also this is in the first subfolder in plugs.

• JackE
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hold on! Can you find the subdirectory or subfolder that the executable installed in? If the PS logo showed, then the executable must be in there somewhere.

Jack E/NJ