Only Windows Boot Manager in the booting option

Stephenl
Stephenl Member Posts: 1 New User
I want to change the booting source from SATA to the ssd nvme, but there is only "Windows Boot Manager" option in the Boot menu. Does anyone know how to solve this? 

From another sources, I have tried to set Supervisor Password, disabled the Secure Boot, and update the bios version but still like that.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,831 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    That's because UEFI BIOS will only boot a bootable internal drive with its trusted EFI file in the hidden EFI partition. The easiest way to try to boot from the NVME is to temporarily disconnect the SATA drive and add the  NVME's trusted EFI file in the BIOS security tab. Secure boot must remain enabled to do this. Once you boot from the NVME, then you can re-connect the SATA drive and then the SATA drive should show up as the D : \  or  E : \ drive in FileExplore

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,831 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    That's because UEFI BIOS will only boot a bootable internal drive with its trusted EFI file in the hidden EFI partition. The easiest way to try to boot from the NVME is to temporarily disconnect the SATA drive and add the  NVME's trusted EFI file in the BIOS security tab. Secure boot must remain enabled to do this. Once you boot from the NVME, then you can re-connect the SATA drive and then the SATA drive should show up as the D : \  or  E : \ drive in FileExplore

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,789 Trailblazer
    That is perfectly normal. You choose your boot device from all UEFI options with the Boot Menu. Make sure the boot menu is enabled and then an F12 at startup should give you the choice of which device to boot from.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.