My battery level on Acer Nitro 5 ryzen 5 shows 0% after fully charged (after 100%)

Anurag0000
Anurag0000 Member Posts: 4 New User
once reached 100% when power adapter is plugged out The laptop gets abruptly shutdown saying locking and upon restart (without power supply) it shows 0%. Can you please help me.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    This suggests that your battery has lost most of its original energy storage capacity. Follow these steps to confirm.

(1) Search 'cmd' in Windows start menu.
    (2) Right click command prompt near top of menu.
    (3) Click run as administrator.
    (4) Enter 'powercfg  /batteryreport' at command prompt.
    (5) Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer.
    (6) Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser.
    (7) Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity.

Jack E/NJ

• Anurag0000
    Here are the screen shots of battery report.
  • JackE
    With the laptop off and plugged in, does the battery charge LED turn from steady orange to steady blue?

Jack E/NJ

• Anurag0000
    Yes, it works normal but s soon as I unplug after full charge the system say locking and get shut down, one I start system again it turns on sometimes and says 0% charge gibing me charge warning notification sometimes, sometimes when I try to turn on it doesn't but as soon as I plugin power cable it turns on and then I can use it again with charging cable unplugged although battery level indicates 0%, after a while of using the laptop battery level shows to around 70-80%.
  • JackE
    Open Device Manager. Expand batteries folder. Right click and uninstall all battery drivers you find in this folder. Then exit Device Manager without reinstalling anything. Shut Windows down normally. Then turn machine back on and let Windows automatically reinstall fresh copies of the battery drivers.

Jack E/NJ

• Anurag0000
    Yes, I did, but problem still exists
  • JackE
    Open Control Panel. Search 'button' Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable' near top of next pane. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup.

The go back into Device Manager and uninstall all the battery drivers again.

Then shutdown Windows normally.

Wait for the battery charge LED to turn steady blue again

Then turn machine back on.

Jack E/NJ

• NeEK
    NeEK Member Posts: 1 New User

Is the problem solved?? i have been facing the same problem rn and I did everything but still not working

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,222 Trailblazer

The Battery Report show 2x 101% charge that is impossible.

Boot to BIOS (F2 or in Window, Shift+Restart), reset BIOS back to default (factory settings), save settings and reboot.