Anyone having issues with a U301 docking station just randomly losing connection?

rhonn
rhonn Member Posts: 9 New User
I have an Acer U301 docking station that keeps freezing up, requiring me to reboot (unplug/replug) way too often.  Anyone have this problem, and/or know of a solution, other than tossing it in the garbage?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    rhonn said:
    I have an Acer U301 docking station that keeps freezing up, requiring me to reboot (unplug/replug) way too often.  Anyone have this problem, and/or know of a solution, other than tossing it in the garbage?
    I've had this problem with a brand new AN515-56 Nitro laptop that was randomly turning off from my USB hub and once I disconnected the hub the laptop never randomly turned off again. Check the actual USB dock if there are no problems with it? As that could the problem, as in my case the laptop USB port works 100%, so in your case this could be the fault as I don't think its the laptops USB port but, check the laptops USB port that the Acer U301 docking station is connected to as that could also be a problem and might have a lose pin that needs resoldering and/or replaced. 
  • rhonn
    rhonn Member Posts: 9 New User
    Thanks for the response, I'll give that a shot.