ACR XR382CQK - LEDs will not turn on.

Options
jastory
jastory Member Posts: 4 New User
Hello Everyone,  I have an ACER XR382 CQK.  I've gone in the menu settings and can't seem to get my lights back on.  I'm sure it's not in the settings that can be controlled from the menu.  Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,631 Trailblazer
    Options
    There is a small board attached to the mainboard that controls power on/off, the OSD and the LED power status indicator. Is it only the LED status indicator that remains unlit?

Jack E/NJ

• jastory
    Options
    Yes.  only the leds on the bottom of the monitor will not light up.  other than than that the monitor and speakers work great.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Options
    jastory said:
    Hello Everyone,  I have an ACER XR382 CQK.  I've gone in the menu settings and can't seem to get my lights back on.  I'm sure it's not in the settings that can be controlled from the menu.  Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve?
    Send your monitor back to Acer and to their Tech Support and get them to fix your monitor, as and if any problems with these monitor happen users like you can't fix them as they need appropriate parts (that btw are getting more and more problematic) have to be replaced. 
  • jastory
    Options
    Yes send to Acer is an option.   Wanting to query the group to see if anyone else had the problem and what is the fix.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,979 Trailblazer
    Options
    You want to use the Ambient Light options in the OSD. You can enable/disable them there as well as choose colors and effects:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Yes.  only the leds on the bottom of the monitor will not light up.  other than than that the monitor and speakers work great. >>>

Then @billsey 's suggestion seems like the first thing to try. Please let us know how it goes.

Jack E/NJ

• jastory
    Options
    Change settings in the OSD menu to multiple configurations and unplug power to monitor to reset each time.   LEDs did not light up.
  • JackE
    Options
    Why are you unplugging the monitor to reset?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,979 Trailblazer
    Options
    Take pictures for us with the OSD up and in those settings modes.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.