acer aspire switch SW5-271 had a problem with a screen

Options
Maboshe
Maboshe Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 2022 in Switch Series
I have an acer aspire switch SW5-271 that had a problem with a screen. When replacing the screen, the technician damaged the digitizer and the actual screen. Is there anyone that can supply a replacement? Thanks

{Thread was edited more content }

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    >>>the technician damaged the digitizer>>>

Then you have to try to order it online from a vendor who ships to your region. .What did the technician damage? Can you post a phone photo of the damage?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can also look for the LCD with bezel, part number 6M.MQJN1.001. Jack's number is for the LCD with touch display only, no bezel. Either will work fine and one might be more available.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• JackE
    Options
    The touchpanel digitizer assembly kit has an ACER part no. KL.12507.003. It may fit other Switch5 series. But you'll probably have to order it new through an authorized ACER service center in your country or  region. Used digitizers may be available by google searching the keyword 'sw5-271' & 'digitizer assembly' 

Jack E/NJ

• Maboshe
    Options
    Thanks JackE will look it up. I doubt we have a local representative here in zambia.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    >>>the technician damaged the digitizer>>>

Then you have to try to order it online from a vendor who ships to your region. .What did the technician damage? Can you post a phone photo of the damage?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can also look for the LCD with bezel, part number 6M.MQJN1.001. Jack's number is for the LCD with touch display only, no bezel. Either will work fine and one might be more available.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Maboshe
    Options
    He damaged both the touch and bezel when trying to remove the glue off the bezel. I managed to get a LCD screen. What I now need is the bezel and touch better if it even comes with a screen as I can always sell the other one to someone else.
  • JackE
    Options
    Then you must google search each part number till you find a vendor that has either part and ships to your location. That is the only suggestion we can make as Acer users to you as another Acer user. We are not Acer employees or service representatives so have no control over this part distribution problem.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    Options
    Yeah, the touch digitizer isn't sold separately from the display. They are bonded together and don't come apart.