Red flashing power button when installing a GT-1030 Graphics Card

mrkinCanada
mrkinCanada Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi all,

I have a M4660G. I am unable to get the Asus GT-1030-OC to install.  
Once it is physically installed, when I power up, the power button flashes red (after a bit of initial boot up activity), nothing on either Onboard or New Card displays.  CPU and GPU Card fans are running.

If I power down and up, it will do it again, so I never even get to BIOS screen

Running Win 11 on BIOS R01-CI

PS says 500w... and yeah... what's up.

THANKS 

Best Answer

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    You may have to hook your monitor with a VGA connector to see the BIOS screen.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer
    >>>f I power down and up, it will do it again, so I never even get to BIOS screen>>>

What happens if you press and hold the delete key, then turn the power back on?

Jack E/NJ

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    You may have to hook your monitor with a VGA connector to see the BIOS screen.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    It sounds more to me like the ASUS card is bad. Have you tried it in both GPU slots?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mrkinCanada
    UPDATE: The video was actually automatically going to to the new card, and the onboard was auto-disabled, so I couldn't see anything until I hooked up the a monitor to the 1030.   Once that was done it was a matter of settings in the BIOS, the option can be set to allow discrete and onboard, or just discrete  (unless you remove the discrete in which case it goes to only onboards obvs). 
    No idea on the power button flashing red, so will monitor and see if returns.  
    So far we are operational.  

• mrkinCanada
    billsey said:
    It sounds more to me like the ASUS card is bad. Have you tried it in both GPU slots?
    On this unit, while there are 2 pcie slots, only one has enough space for this card.  I was of this mind as well. thx
  • mrkinCanada
    JackE said:
    >>>f I power down and up, it will do it again, so I never even get to BIOS screen>>>

What happens if you press and hold the delete key, then turn the power back on?
    I sorted it out before trying this, though I will keep this in mind for future.  Thanks
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer
    Thanks for reporting back. Hope it's stable.

Jack E/NJ