i kept having the blue screen of death on acer nitro 5 (AN515-57)

Aztomv
Aztomv Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited July 2022 in Nitro Gaming

i dont have much time and my computer could crash anytime now but recently when my computer run games its real slow but thats just my last post (please go to that post if you have any idea what the hell is happening to my laptop) but enough of that, ive been having the blue screen of death really constantly (each 5-6 minutes). Please help.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    edited July 2022
    Aztomv said:

i dont have much time and my computer could crash anytime now but recently when my computer run games its real slow but thats just my last post (please go to that post if you have any idea what the hell is happening to my laptop) but enough of that, ive been having the blue screen of death really constantly (each 5-6 minutes). Please help.

Its a bit hard to advise you of how to fix specific BSOD's and Blue Screen of Death crashes if you don't tell us their error numbers or descriptions, I've got an AN515-56 which is virtually the same laptop as yours and I've never had a BSOD's and I play hard core games like RIDE 4, Hitman 3, Far Cry and Metro Exodus games and stressing this laptops to its limits sometimes also with no BSOD's or crashes at all. All I've done is upgraded the M.2 boot drive to the M.2 NVMe PCIe 4 x4 WD NS750 M.2 drive that is a 1TB and is allot quicker than the M/2 NVMe OEM Acer fitted WD NS530 drive and increased the ram to 16GB at 2x 8GB DDR4-3200 working in dual channel. Also what OS are you using? Is it Win-10 or 11? As I'm using Win-11 Home and my AN515-56 works perfectly on Win-11 with all those games. My advice to you is to do a "Clean Install" of your OS and make sure that you completely format the M.2 boot drive and make sure that you appropriately install all the latest drivers for your OS and laptops drivers from scratch, I also suggest that you install Win-11 Home OS that your AN515-57 is made for and make sure and if you have USB hubs and any peripherals that are connected to your laptop are not faulty and causing your laptop to crash, as that has happened to me with a faulty USB hub that made my laptop to crash.

You can do a “Clean Install” this way as these laptops don’t have an option in the bios to use the USB as a first boot priority, so follow these steps:

1. Access Advanced Startup Options Windows 10 or 11 from Settings or

2. Access Windows 10 or 11 Advanced Options with Recovery Drive/Disk

3. Turn Off and On Windows 10 or 11 PC "3 Times" to Access Advanced Options

All the above will give you access to the Win-10 or 11 installation USB that you have to get to their installation files but, you need to have a separate USB with this specific “IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver Version: 18.6.1.1016.2” for your laptop as the windows installation will not recognize the M,.2 drive unless this driver is installed through the installation process, as you need to install this driver before the formatting process section of the windows installation process as then your Win-10 or 11 installation will be able to be continued and installed properly.

After the install of your OS enable the TRIM within windows so that your M.2 SSD will perform at its peak performance, then update all OS updates, install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant so that you get all the Intel drivers up to date “BUT BE WARNED” that all the new Win-11 Intel Bluetooth drivers that the Intel Driver and Support Assistant updates that Intel has for your Bluetooth for your Killer AX1650i Wi-Fi/BT card will not work and you will lose Bluetooth unless it’s the OEM Acer Bluetooth driver version 22.40.0.2 so don’t update the BT driver but update the Wi-Fi driver as that works with the new update, btw I’m advising you on this because your AN515-57 has the same model Killer AX1650i Wi-Fi/BT card that my AN515-56 has and you will get the same problems and your Bluetooth won’t work as the Acer BT driver version 22.40.0.2 works perfectly.

Also do the same to install the latest and specific up to date Nvidia graphics driver for your GPU. Then look into "Device Manager" and see if any drivers are not installed? If not then get those drivers from the Acer Drivers & Manuals section for your AN515-57 laptop, as that is how your do a complete "Clean Install" on a PC so that a laptop/desktop will perform at its peak and best performance. After and when your AN515-57 performs 100% and does not have any BSOD crashes I would update the BIOS to the last version 1.18 titled "1. Security Alert Quick(SV2) support for TigerLake. 2. Update panel brightness table" but make sure that all the BSOD's have gone and your laptop does not crash as and if you do a BIOS update and your laptop crashes you will brick this laptop and this will not be covered by the Acer warranty.

This is what I've done with my AN515-56 and it works perfectly and 100% without any crashes as all this will fix your laptop from having any BSOD’s and crashing as allot of the times and especially if you did an upgrade from Win-10 to Win-11 there are conflicting drivers left from Win-10 that cause BSOD’s and Blue Screen of Death crashes and a clean install will fix all that if you upgrade all the drivers to their latest drivers. Good luck and hope this helps you out. 

• Aztomv
    Aztomv Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

holy this actually works!, thank you!