Is it possible to change the case of a Acer Aspire XC-1660G-UW92?

Codename
Codename Member Posts: 3 New User
I was wondering if I can get a case and transfer all the parts to a new case?

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,488 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Codename said:

You can but you have to compromise as the Aspire XC-1660G-UW92 motherboard and PSU can fit into other default sized cases but you need to do a custom fit these components to the new case, as the mobo/PSU are a proprietary Acer products that have a different size/shape than a default ATX, mATX etc sizes (see caption below) as you won’t be able to use all the front panel features of your XC-1660G also. My suggestion to you is to first measure the overall motherboard size of the XC-1660G and get the appropriate case as it won’t have the appropriate securing pins to secure this mobo to the case and you will have to either self-tap or put other securing pins to secure your XC-1660G mobo to the case properly. Otherwise and once you do this the new case will work and you will be able to transfer all the XC-1660G components to the new case. Have a look at this “Acer Aspire XC 1660G Gaming Upgrades SSD RAM Video Card” as this gives you a good guide of all the OEM components of your Aspire XC-1660G-UW92.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,488 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Codename said:

You can but you have to compromise as the Aspire XC-1660G-UW92 motherboard and PSU can fit into other default sized cases but you need to do a custom fit these components to the new case, as the mobo/PSU are a proprietary Acer products that have a different size/shape than a default ATX, mATX etc sizes (see caption below) as you won’t be able to use all the front panel features of your XC-1660G also. My suggestion to you is to first measure the overall motherboard size of the XC-1660G and get the appropriate case as it won’t have the appropriate securing pins to secure this mobo to the case and you will have to either self-tap or put other securing pins to secure your XC-1660G mobo to the case properly. Otherwise and once you do this the new case will work and you will be able to transfer all the XC-1660G components to the new case. Have a look at this “Acer Aspire XC 1660G Gaming Upgrades SSD RAM Video Card” as this gives you a good guide of all the OEM components of your Aspire XC-1660G-UW92.