Acer Commercial BIOS boot logo tool for TMP214-53-58GN

Vanilla66
Vanilla66 Member Posts: 63 Die Hard WiFi Icon
I read on the travelmate vero page (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/professional-series/travelmatevero) that there is a tool that allows users to customize the boot logo in Acer Commercial BIOS. The footnote said the tool is available from acer but the support people I contacted didn’t know about it. Where can I find this tool?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,871 Trailblazer
    edited July 2022
    Vanilla66 said:
    I read on the travelmate vero page (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/professional-series/travelmatevero) that there is a tool that allows users to customize the boot logo in Acer Commercial BIOS. The footnote said the tool is available from acer but the support people I contacted didn’t know about it. Where can I find this tool?
    If you have this new TravelMate Vero? First update the bios to the last Version: 1.42 bios and look at the manual of how to do the "TravelMate Vero feature that allows users to personalize their startup logo" as there must be a special guide to do this and it should be in the new TravelMate Vero manual. 
  • Vanilla66
    Vanilla66 Member Posts: 63 Die Hard WiFi Icon

I don’t have the TravelMate Vero. I wanted to see if the TravelMate P2 has the same kind of BIOS and the same customization. This tool is not mentioned in the Vero's manual. It's only mentioned on the product page as far as I can tell.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer

It is very unusual for them to provide that type of customization. My guess is Acer has a large customer who requested that so they created it only for the one model series. I haven't seen anything like it on any other models. They would have to have rewrite hooks in the BIOS to allow that type of change, which would be a security risk in almost all cases.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.