Acer Aspire TOUCHPAD shows not connected

Kabud
Kabud Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
 To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.
in device manager in hidden in HID ;( it works as a mouse ONLY, as if touchpad disabled
this is the same system community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/1130331

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,781 Trailblazer
    >>>it works as a mouse ONLY, as if touchpad disabled>>>

Then the touchpad must be enabled if it works like a mouse. Why do you say it's disabled?

Jack E/NJ

• Kabud

in device manager in hidden in HID
  • JackE
    edited July 2022
    Yes, I understand that message. But despite the message, does the touchpad actually work like a mouse or not?

Jack E/NJ

• Kabud
    As i mention frm the start " it works as a mouse ONLY, as if touchpad disabled"
  • JackE
    Please post a screenshot of Device Manager if possible. Do NOT manually expand any folders.

Jack E/NJ

• Kabud
    here it is, thank you

• JackE
    OK. Looks good so far. Now expand the Human Interface Devices folder and the Mice & other Pointing Devices folder.

Jack E/NJ

• Kabud
    here it is 

• JackE
    If you open the View tab and checkmark to show hidden devices, do more entries in the two expanded folders?

Jack E/NJ

• Kabud
    yes, MANY more, as in here :ies as in here:
  • JackE
    Yes. Too many that are not identified.

(1) Has the touchpad ever worked?
    (2) Did the A515-43 have factory installed Windows 10?

Jack E/NJ

• Kabud
    touch pad always worked great. Recently i started using usb mouse sometimes . It was OK but then once i found that the touchpad mouse is not working, i did a BIOS reset. There is a thread here on the forum.
    It worked fine for some time. And again after i used that USB mouse , external- this now happened

the system is original factory installed W10, all updates automatic, all maintained perfectly

seems like everytime i connected the mouse- another instance was created kin the devices table

at some point 3 days back i found the touchpad in devices and uninstalled it  . Before that, before i uninstalled Tpad in dev manager  it was with an error -

in device manager in hidden in HID ;( it works as a mouse ONLY, as if touchpad disabled
  • JackE
    >>>seems like everytime i connected the mouse- another instance was created kin the devices table>>>

This is normal. Why did you uninstall it?

Jack E/NJ

• Kabud
    since it was in error logic was uninstall then restart, system "will find it" and install
  • JackE
    Press WIN+R. Enter 'main.cpl'. Click on Hardware tab. Post screenshot if possible.

Jack E/NJ

• Kabud
    yes, here. Looks like instead of TPad  i got just a mouse))

• JackE
    >>>Before i uninstalled Tpad in dev manager  it was with an error >>>since it was in error logic was uninstall then restart, system "will find it" and install >>>

Do you remember if the Device Manager folder entry had a red or yellow colored warning symbol before your uninstalled it?

Jack E/NJ

• Kabud
    JackE said:
     Do you remember if the Device Manager folder entry had a red or yellow colored warning symbol before your uninstalled it?

No there was no marks like that at all.  
  • JackE
    >>>i did a BIOS reset.>>>

How did you do this?

Jack E/NJ

• Kabud
    here, by the advice on Forum
    community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/1130331

the steps
    Doing the power drain and bios defaults will really help.  Kindly follow the steps given below:

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a  pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and – sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer.  Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you don’t find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery.  Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door.  Just below that you can find a latch.  If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed, flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

If you don’t see a reset pin hole on the back of laptop or if you are not able to remove the battery (if it is inbuilt) then please unplug all the cables and devices out of laptop.   Hold the power button for 1 minute.  After releasing the button you should wait a while before plugging in power. Just because the button has been pressed doesn’t bleed off all the residual electricity on the motherboard. Wait 15-30 minutes before plugging in power. Then once power is connected wait for a full battery indication before turning the system on. That allows the battery to fully reset it’s internal statistics.

Connect all the cables back and restart the computer.  

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It will go to bios. Press f9 once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.