AN515-57 My screen goes from faded white to normal colour?

pratikgs
pratikgs Member Posts: 49 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited July 2022 in Nitro Gaming
So, I have an AN515-57 with a 144hz screen. The issue I am noticing from the last few weeks is on random instances my screen turns from faded white color (all screen contents are visible but are whitish) to a normal usage screen. for ex. black color is turning from grey to black within 2-3 seconds. In a random sense, most of the time it happens during my switch from Gaming/Youtube/media player window tab to the normal web browser/ other apps/desktop tab. The duration it takes to become normal is few seconds. So is this normal or happening to anyone. Can I have the solution to this, please. Thank you

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    You have two GPUs. Switching the screen from one to the other takes a bit of time especially since the integrated GPU usually uses shared RAM which may take some extra time depending on how many programs and apps are loaded into RAM at the same time.

Jack E/NJ

• pratikgs
    JackE said:
    You have two GPUs. Switching the screen from one to the other takes a bit of time especially since the integrated GPU usually uses shared RAM which may take some extra time depending on how many programs and apps are loaded into RAM at the same time.
    ohk got it, so this is normal, right? yes I have extra tabs opened in background while casual gaming
  • There are some bios versions related to the display, see:

I think your problem may be related to an instability of the INX display. Can you tell the display idhardware?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Seems like it's working as expected. Carry on. :)

Jack E/NJ

• pratikgs
    JackE said:
    Seems like it's working as expected. Carry on. :)
    this reply is for me or egydiocoelho?
  • pratikgs
    @egydiocoelho I have latest BIOS version installed. & no any driver in device manager shows any signs of error. For your info I have MONITOR\CMN1521

• pratikgs
    pratikgs said:
    @egydiocoelho I have latest BIOS version installed. & no any driver in device manager shows any signs of error. For your info I have MONITOR\CMN1521

@egydiocoelho @JackE sorry i am at bios 1.17 and new updated bios 1.18 is available now with 1. Security Alert Quick(SV2) support for TigerLake. 2. Update panel brightness [...]
    will that be the reason for this issue? how to update to this next version 1.18? 
  • JackE
    >>>JackE said:Seems like it's working as expected. Carry on. >>>this reply is for me or egydiocoelho?>>>

It was meant for you pratikgs  ! :)

Jack E/NJ

• pratikgs
    BIOS 1.18 is available now with 1. Security Alert Quick(SV2) support for TigerLake. 2. Update panel brightness [...] 
    have you updated to this version?
  • pratikgs
    pratikgs said:

@egydiocoelho did you find any unusual with my hardware ID?
  • JackE
    >>>BIOS 1.18 is available now with 1. Security Alert Quick(SV2) support for TigerLake. 2. Update panel brightness [...] 
    have you updated to this version? >>>

If it was mine, I would not risk updating the BIOS. Because the original question was related to screen panel change from faded white to normal color, not screen panel brightness.

Jack E/NJ

• It is an innolux display, see: https://www.panelook.com/N156HRA-EA1__15.6__overview_45768.html

I agree with colleague JackE. However, it would be interesting for you to send a photo, connecting an external monitor to the hdmi port and comparing the same image from both monitors.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • pratikgs
    I am really annoyed with this issue. Do anyone facing the same issue? do anyone have any solution? what can I do if My laptop is in warranty.
  • JackE
    You must wait till you get it back from warranty service.

Jack E/NJ

• pratikgs
    JackE said:
    You must wait till you get it back from warranty service.
    screen defect not covered in warranty?
  • JackE
    >>>screen defect not covered in warranty? >>>

Some but not all screen defects are covered. It depends on the specific nature of the screen defect. If defect is a cracked screen, probably not. If defect is too many dead pixels, probably yes.

Jack E/NJ

• Can you send a picture of the problem, comparing the display image with an external monitor and informing the bios version too?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• pratikgs

Sorry, I don't have an external monitor, but I am sending the comparison of the normal view (before) and after view situation when brightness gets increased automatically while switching between diff windows. The transition from after view to normal view takes 2-3 seconds. That's my whole issue. I contacted Acer support, they asked me to update Intel VGA & 1650 VGA driver. I found a 1650 driver but not an intel one. I don't know which one it is (if u know then please tell me.) My bios version is 1.17

• JackE

This is not a screen defect. There is nothing wrong with your machine. Follow these suggestions to disable automatic adaptive screen brightness to see if it helps.

https://www.minitool.com/news/disable-adaptive-brightness-windows-10.html

Go to this link for the Intel VGA uma driver for Win11 or VGA driver for Win10.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8963?b=1

Jack E/NJ

• pratikgs

I dont have adaptive brightness option in control panel. From my side this is really a crazy issue. Due to this I dont feel like this is premium laptop at all. Hence I am desperately searching for solution of it. Does the same issue arise at your nitro?