Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz flickering and not working

Options
MCKRUZ
MCKRUZ Member Posts: 4 New User
Good morning, I'm running a 

Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz 

with this kind of cord 

VESA Certified 8K DisplayPort 1.4 Cable 25ft, BIFALE DP 1.4 Cable Nylon Braided Supports (8K@60Hz, 4K@144Hz and 1080P@240Hz), HBR3, 32.4Gbps, HDCP 2.2, HDR, DSC 1.2 for Laptop PC TV Gaming Monitor

off of a

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming, 12G-P5-3967-KR, 12GB GDDR6X, iCX3 Technology, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate

graphics card.

I have three monitors, the first two (one DP and one HDMI) work perfectly fine, but as soon as I plug in my third, it will not work.  (first two still work).  It will detect the monitor is there, I just can't get a signal.

Thoughts?

Best Answer

• MCKRUZ
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I actually resolved this...so the deal is that the cord was just too long.  Once I switched to the shorter cord it worked just fine.  With the two high end monitors I had it was just too much for the system to pump into that length.  Lesson learned.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,621 Trailblazer
    Options
    Does it work OK by itself?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options
    Try swapping the DP cable that's working with the other monitor to the monitor that's being a problem.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MCKRUZ
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I actually resolved this...so the deal is that the cord was just too long.  Once I switched to the shorter cord it worked just fine.  With the two high end monitors I had it was just too much for the system to pump into that length.  Lesson learned.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,621 Trailblazer
    Options
    Congratulations. Thanks for reporting back. :)

Jack E/NJ