Acer Predator helios 300 ram update

wiede2
wiede2 Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello, I upgraded my ram with two  Corsair CMSX32GX4 M2A2666 °C18 So D4 K2 Vengeance Memory 32GB 2x16GB mAh 1.2V. The problem is that the CPUz programm is showing me lower frequencies than it should have. The ram should have 2666Mhz but it is only showing me my old ram with 1333Mhz. What might be the issue here. The specifications of my laptop according to CPUz are as followed:

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,452 Trailblazer
    edited July 2022
    wiede2 said:
    Hello, I upgraded my ram with two  Corsair CMSX32GX4 M2A2666 °C18 So D4 K2 Vengeance Memory 32GB 2x16GB mAh 1.2V. The problem is that the CPUz programm is showing me lower frequencies than it should have. The ram should have 2666Mhz but it is only showing me my old ram with 1333Mhz. What might be the issue here. The specifications of my laptop according to CPUz are as followed:
    The simplest way for you to upgrade from your OEM Acer fitted 16GB DDR4-2666MHz single channel ram is to buy 1x 16GB of the same ram (Samsung DDR4-2666MHz Part #: CMSK32GX4M2A2666C1B as above) specs that Acer has fitted to your laptop originally to give you 32GB (2x 16GB) of the same ram that will work in dual channel. What you should do is return your Corsair ram and try to get an exact Corsair ram KIT (2X 16GB) that is the same as the Acer OEM Samsung DDR4-2666Mhz Part #: CMSK32GX4M2A2666C1B "Speed/Timing Table" ram for it to work at combined speed of 2666MHz in "Dual Channel”. 

Do the the Crucial System Scan as I think that your Predator's max ram capacity is 2x 32GB total 64GB DDR4-xxxxMHz (as higher capacities take lower speeds) so look at their recommendations of the suitable ram that will work with your laptop. The Corsair CMSX32GX4 M2A2666 Vengeance ram is not compatible with your laptop as its specs are not the same and that is why you are getting lower speeds. When upgrading you always have to match the OEM ram specs exactly to get the same "Speed and Timing Table Specs" otherwise and if you install and upgrade to a not compatible ram your speeds frequency will be decreased or the ram won't work at all. 
  • wiede2
    Thank you for your answer. Ok I tried to find it, but thats a bit off my knowledge... May you give me a recomendation on amazon or ebay (or any other webpage in europe) for a suitabile ram. I would really appreciate your help.
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,091 Pathfinder
    @wiede2 try to look at the actual RAM frequency in the Task Manager, Performance tab, and memory.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • wiede2
    AnhEZ28 said:
    @wiede2 try to look at the actual RAM frequency in the Task Manager, Performance tab, and memory.
    It's really wired in the task manager it shows me the correct frequencies.
  • Can you send a screenshot of the SPD tab? You have to multiply 1333mhz X 2=2666mhz.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,091 Pathfinder
    @wiede2 yours is doing good. No need to change anything.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • CrashNBurn
    CrashNBurn Member Posts: 1 New User

Good evening!!! I’m upgrading my RAM for Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-54-760S Gaming Laptop | Intel i7-11800H | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU | 15.6" Full HD 144Hz 3ms IPS Display | 16GB DDR4 | 512GB SSD | Killer WiFi 6 | RGB Keyboard.

Will CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB (2 x 32GB) 260-Pin DDR4 SO-DIMM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) work for it?

I would remove the OEM Samsung stick that is 16 and place the 2x32GB for a total of 64. Thank you in advance for help!