Why does my Acer Nitro 5 keep reducing the battery percentage even though it is just stored and not?

Options
Axeeel
Axeeel Member Posts: 4 New User
I noticed it the other day, I charged it and when I opened it the next day, its battery percentage decreased even though I wasn't using it. This laptop has been with me for 2 years, is that normal? Thanks to those who will answer my question ♥

Best Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,950 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Axeeel said:
    I noticed it the other day, I charged it and when I opened it the next day, its battery percentage decreased even though I wasn't using it. This laptop has been with me for 2 years, is that normal? Thanks to those who will answer my question ♥
    Battery life decreases even when not used, you can't store a battery and its charge wont decrease as laptops have other peripherals that use power and batteries degenerate normally and don't keep their full charge over time. Have a look at how batteries work and why they lose their charge (as there are allot of articles on this) as that is what is happening to your battery especially if its a 2yeras old battery or older. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It's normal if fast startup is enabled in Control Panel's power button app. Fast startup is usually enabled by default. You can turn it off if you want but boot times may be a bit longer. Open Control Panel. Search 'button' Click 'change what power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable' near the top of the next pane. Scroll down and UNcheck the box for fast startup.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,950 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Axeeel said:
    Battery life decreases even when not used, you can't store a battery and its charge wont decrease as laptops have other peripherals that use power and batteries degenerate normally and don't keep their full charge over time. Have a look at how batteries work and why they lose their charge (as there are allot of articles on this) as that is what is happening to your battery especially if its a 2yeras old battery or older. 
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It's normal if fast startup is enabled in Control Panel's power button app. Fast startup is usually enabled by default. You can turn it off if you want but boot times may be a bit longer. Open Control Panel. Search 'button' Click 'change what power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable' near the top of the next pane. Scroll down and UNcheck the box for fast startup.

Jack E/NJ

• Axeeel
    Axeeel Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply, Thank youuuu! @JackE @StevenGen
  • JackE
    Options
    Good luck with your laptop! :)

Jack E/NJ