Why and i constantly getting BSOD when i game?

Options
Aldous_Hawke
Aldous_Hawke Member Posts: 1 New User
I used to be able to game just fine, but over the past year ive been getting various BSOD's (i.e Critical process died, Unexpected Store Exception) and its just gotten worse. Recently ive had the computer reimaged due to the system somehow downloading another version of windows onto its secondary drive but even before then it was going crazy. i just really need help with this. ive dropped to much money on this thing for it to konk-out 2 and a half years in!

Specs
Hard Drive: 
1TB SSD

Memory: 
32GB DDR4 RAM

Display: 
15. 6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display

Screen Resolution: 
1920 x 1080

Processor: 
9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H 6-Core Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.50 GHz)

Graphics: 
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Graphics with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM

Operating system: 
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Ports: 
3 x USB 3.1 Gen 1,
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 type-c,
1 x HDMI,
1 x Headphone/Speaker/Line-Out Jack,
1 x Mini Display Port 1. 4
3- 1 x RJ-45

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    Options

First of all fix all the causes of why you are getting “Critical_Process_Died” and “Unexpected Store Exception Error” as all these BSOD's are mainly due to software problems and there are allot of fixes on the web to do this. IMO and what I would do is to do a complete format of the boot drive and a clean install of Win-10 and start fresh with new OS, then do all the windows updates, graphics card updates and Intel updates that are appropriate to your laptop and don’t install unnecessary old problematic software especially an anti virus and only use windows defender as an anti virus as its just as good as any anti virus software around.

Just as a guide these are what your problems are that you have stated above:

1. Critical_Process_Died is one of the most common blue screen of death errors occurring due to unexpected corruption in critical Windows background processes such as services.exe, winlogon.exe, or csrss.exe. As these processes are crucial to overall device health, Windows displays this error to protect the integrity of the operating system.

2. What causes Unexpected Store Exception Error in Windows 10

It is not easy to identify the cause of this BSOD. However, most BSOD scenarios are caused by hardware issues or hardware failures such as faulty graphics cards or hard drives which you should check.

Other possible causes include:

• Corrupted system files
    • Software bugs
    • Antivirus program on your computer
    • Outdated hardware drivers

So all the above BSOD's have to be analyzed and fixed as that is why you are having these problems with your laptop and check your software and hardware.