Predator Helious 300..My laptop is having pink flickering screen? Is my screen damaged?

Options
Avilash
Avilash Member Posts: 2 New User
Screen is continuously flickering in pink colour. Is my screen damaged? Do I need to replace it?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,973 Trailblazer
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Avilash said:
    Screen is continuously flickering in pink colour. Is my screen damaged? Do I need to replace it?\
    Check your LCD CABLE(40/30/6P,19V) Acer part # 50.HGLN7.005 (screen cable) that connects to the motherboard, open the back cover and chase this cable and see if the cable is not damaged in any way (broken, worn etc) as that could have this affect on the laptops image and also check this cables pug if all its data/power wires are properly connected and not disconnected or damaged at the plug, or if this cables plug pins are not damaged (if they are then replace cable) but, first clean these pins and make sure that the cable plug is plugged in 100% and making 100% contact with the mobo plug, as these are all the problems that you could have and its not your screen. 

LCD CABLE(40/30/6P,19V) Acer part # 50.HGLN7.005 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options
    Probably only the LCD video cable needs to be re-seated at the mainboard and base of screen to help clean the contacts. Do you see the same flickering pink when you HDMI out to a TV screen?

Jack E/NJ

• DEXTER_BOLT
    DEXTER_BOLT Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

this problem also occuring if you have intel driver and support assistant (intel DSA) installed in your computer. In my case uninstalling this app solve my problem.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options

DEXTER_BOLT

Thanks for the report on your fix. 🙂

Jack E/NJ