Veriton X4630 beeps at boot (3 - 3)

RobyTheBug
RobyTheBug Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello everyone,
pc won't boot. On power on, fans start spinning, and nothing else but three beeps, pause and three more beeps.
It beeps one time only. After the sixth, I hear no more beeps.

I tried to change the ram memory slot (I have just 1 bank), the same result.
I tried to replace the ram memory with five different banks, same result.
I tried to disconnect any device, hard disk, dvd unit, still same result.

In addition, tried to reset cmos, replace cmos battery, remove TMP chip and added a discrete vga.
Always the same result. Any suggestion?

Thank you to all who will help!

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,449 Trailblazer
    edited July 2022
    Hello everyone,
    pc won't boot. On power on, fans start spinning, and nothing else but three beeps, pause and three more beeps.
    It beeps one time only. After the sixth, I hear no more beeps.

I tried to change the ram memory slot (I have just 1 bank), the same result.
    I tried to replace the ram memory with five different banks, same result.
    I tried to disconnect any device, hard disk, dvd unit, still same result.

In addition, tried to reset cmos, replace cmos battery, remove TMP chip and added a discrete vga.
    Always the same result. Any suggestion?

Thank you to all who will help!

Those beeps are due to issues with your cpu's integrated video memory of your Core i5-4460/Intel® HD Graphics 4600 cpu and if its that then you can't fix that fault irrespective of what you do! And with a secondary gpu card, this will do nothing and not fix the issue that you have. It could also be a faulty with the mobo's Super IO or bios chips that is faulty as especially the Super IO is what commands the bios chip at boot to boot your system up, so that needs checking also? But, to check all these components out, you need an experienced tech to analyse your mobo that has the experience and the proper tools to check all these components out, as your boot process is faulty hence and why your desktop does not boot and is giving you the 3+3+1 beeps. 

The cheapest and the first thing to do is to first use another Socket 1150 cpu of the Intel 4th Gen cpu (as they are pretty cheap) and cheaper than taking your desktop to a tech, as your OEM Core i5-4460 cpu's integrated gpu could be faulty and you get those beeps (see here How to recognize computer beep errors?) also and if its the cpu and its graphics then upgrade to another and better/faster cpu like the Socket 1150 Core i7-4770S or the Core i7-4790S cpu’s as both of these cpu's have the same TDP's of 65W as your OEM i5-4600 cpu and both of these cpu's have a 100% upgrade chance and will give you at least a 40% relative performance increase to the OEM i5-4460 Veriton's X4630 cpu that you have. Try the replacement of the cpu first and if that doesn't work then its your mobo's either Super IO or the bios chips that are at fault and need replacing, if you want to spend that sort of money on this old desktop? As your Veriton X4630 is an old desktop and you could have these faults from wear and tear as you have done all the fixes that a consumer can do and they didn't work.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Typically with an Acer BIOS the 3-3 pattern is failure when initializing the CMOS into the first 64MB of memory. That can be due to a failed attempt at initializing the GPU as suggested, but can also be a corrupted BIOS. Since you have tried putting a discrete GPU into the x16 slot the system shouldn't be trying to do anything with the GPU on the processor, since that is disabled when the system sees the card installed. Likely it a bad CMOS chip...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.