My Monitor (ACER EI242QRP) has a black border all around the screen. How do i fix this

Options
monke
monke Member Posts: 1 New User
I've tried changing resolution, aspect ratio, scaling and whatever you can find on the internet but still does not work.

Even when the monitor is off, you can see the black borders all around the screen.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,618 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>Even when the monitor is off, you can see the black borders all around the screen.>>>

Please post a phone photo of this border with the monitor turned off.

What PC is driving this screen?

Jack E/NJ

• TingFeng77
    TingFeng77 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

This is just how the monitor is, the display panel ends there. That is how large the screen is, the black borders are bezels.

Yeah a bit confusing as you may have expected the screen to extend to the very edge but it doesn't.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,618 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, the frame probably is also used for the E1272 series with the 27" screen but without the bezel..

Jack E/NJ

• moonlightzz
    moonlightzz Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

No, It's not part of the frame. The screen has to supposed to be fully. I was here and started my pc and started to noticed that the screen was smaller than usuall and then I noticed that there was 1 finger of black border top and bottom and 1 and half from the sides. I started to freak out and thinking of sueing Acer. I start to playing with the menu and it didn't help at all, not even the "reset". The OSD timeout of just 10 seconds is just annoying along with the stiff buttons at bottom the screen.

I google like you and I can see lots of people that had this problem of black borders inside of the lcd panel itself. I uninstalled the gfx driver and the problem continued. Made Device Manager search for devices and it installed Microsoft's Basic Driver, same issue. Made Device Manager search Widnwos Update to download the driver. The problem continues. I continued to freak out….

THE MAGIC HAPPENED WHEN I WENT TO WINDOWS' SCREEN RESOLUTION PANEL (RIGHT CLICK ON DESKTOP). SELECTED SCREEN ADVANCED AND CHANGED THE FREAKING REFRESH RATE FROM 59.9HZ TO 60HZ (NO CHANGE/BLACK BORDERS) AND FINALLY FROM 60HZ/75HZ!!! FINALLY THE BLACK BORDERS AROUND THE SCREEN ARE GONE.

This is my first monitor I purchased on my own on sale and never had this issue with other screens. Thanks ACER from making me waste 20 minutes.