CPU cooler suitable for PO3-640 without removing the motherboard?

Options
Alimw
Alimw Member Posts: 2 New User
Like many of you here I've got an issue with CPU temperatures but I can only really find answers for the PO3-630.

I'm a bit of a noob and i've been looking at potential replacements, the only thing is i have no access to the back of the motherboard without removing it to replace the backplate. I'm a little confused as to what coolers i could get and install out of the box. Its an LGA 1700

Your help would be greatly appreciated. 

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Nope, the 12th gen socket is an LGA 1700 and uses a slightly larger heatsink than the LGA 1200 used in the 10th and 11th gen. Heat sink size is
    Noctua is in the process of upgrading their designs to have support for the LGA 1700 sockets, so you need to check with them to make sure the one you purchase has the updated hardware. Off the shelf could easily require an additional mounting upgrade kit. They have a timeline that shows when the kits are available from their factory. The NH-U9S is still the best option, you just need the latest version of it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,014 Trailblazer
    Options
    Alimw said:
    Like many of you here I've got an issue with CPU temperatures but I can only really find answers for the PO3-630.

I'm a bit of a noob and i've been looking at potential replacements, the only thing is i have no access to the back of the motherboard without removing it to replace the backplate. I'm a little confused as to what coolers i could get and install out of the box. Its an LGA 1700

The Noctua NH-U9S or the NH-U9S chromax.black are the best and most superior cpu dry fan cooler for your PO3-630 desktop, don't use any other model as this cpu cooler has been used on the Acer Predator Orion 3000 PO3-630 extensively and they are the best way and the cheapest way to increase your cpu cooling.
  • Alimw
    Alimw Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    Alimw said:

The Noctua NH-U9S or the NH-U9S chromax.black are the best and most superior cpu dry fan cooler for your PO3-630 desktop, don't use any other model as this cpu cooler has been used on the Acer Predator Orion 3000 PO3-630 extensively and they are the best way and the cheapest way to increase your cpu cooling.
    Thak you for your reply. I have seen what you said a lot but I have the 640 motherboard, not the 630. Do you know if the methods used for the 630 are compatable for me. The last thing I want is the existing bracket not being manly enough and damaging the motherboard. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Nope, the 12th gen socket is an LGA 1700 and uses a slightly larger heatsink than the LGA 1200 used in the 10th and 11th gen. Heat sink size is
    Noctua is in the process of upgrading their designs to have support for the LGA 1700 sockets, so you need to check with them to make sure the one you purchase has the updated hardware. Off the shelf could easily require an additional mounting upgrade kit. They have a timeline that shows when the kits are available from their factory. The NH-U9S is still the best option, you just need the latest version of it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.