predator helios 300 gpu replacement?

2»

Answers

• Pnkj199
    Pnkj199 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I'm not trying to fix it, i already knew the chip has some problem, but I am monitoring this conversation because i want to make sure that I'm not wrong, and i want to know if there's hardware fix (like repairing or replacing) available or not. 
    If yes - tell me where
    If not - never mind
  • Pnkj199
    Pnkj199 Member Posts: 4 New User
    BTW i see your video now, and it's nothing compared to mine, if you see mine, you'll bang your head into it🤣
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,146 Pathfinder
    @Jovla if reinstalling Windows doesn't work, you can find a PC repair should that is specialized in repairing the motherboard. They can try to reflow the GPU chip, replace the actual chip (not really sure about the possibilities), or replace the whole motherboard. The chip itself can be found on Aliexpress.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,813 Trailblazer
    It appears that hidden factory reset partition has been deleted before you acquired the machine. Accordingly, I suggest that you go to this link, enter your machines series model number (for example, PH315-44),  and download, unzip and install all the ACER driver updates for your model and Windows version. The fact that Device Manager detects the GPU with no issues suggests one of the other drivers currently installed may be interfering with the system.  

Jack E/NJ

• MPAXO01
    MPAXO01 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello, how you make that GPU shows on Device Manager?

Please!

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,813 Trailblazer

Try clicking the Device Manager view tab and checkmark 'show hidden devices'

Jack E/NJ