acer monitor turning off after tabbing in a game acer xf 250q 240hz

Options
jonny3123123
jonny3123123 Member Posts: 41 Troubleshooter
edited July 2022 in Monitors
when i have discord open i click on valorant, but once when i click it, my monitor has a black screen after tabbing in valorant if i change the wide mode setting on the monitor OSD setting will it fix it? how do i fix the problem?

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi@ jonny3123123
    Please mention your model name of unit 
  • jonny3123123
    Options
    i have the acer xf 250q 240hz monitor when i have discord open i click on valorant, but once when i click it, my monitor has a black screen after tabbing in valorant if i change the wide mode setting on the monitor OSD setting will it fix it? how do i fix the problem?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    It's likely an issue with how your GPU is scaling for different resolutions. When you tab between Discord and the game the monitor is shifting resolutions between the Windows desktop and the game settings. The GPU should handle that smoothly, but sometimes it's slow or drops signal between the two.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jonny3123123
    Options
     i am using 640x 480 in valorant but my desktop is 1920x 1080 if i change the wide mode setting on the monitor OSD to 1:1 or some other setting,  will it fix it?