Can't set up fingerprint reader on CP713-3W-7296

KKrause
KKrause Member Posts: 4 New User
I can't set up the fingerprint reader on my new CP713-3W-7296. According to the specs, the device has a fingerprint reader, and the case looks like it would indeed be present (see photo). In the section of the settings where I should be able to set it up, there's no mention of the fingerprint reader, though (see screenshot).
What can I do in order to set up the reader?
Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• KKrause
    Answer ✓
    Turns out that the fingerprint reader was disabled in the Google Workspace config, which took me ages to find out. So after all, it works fine now.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,467 Trailblazer
    It looks like the fingerprint reader is on some SKUs and not others. The SG only shows them installed for some units in Germany, France, Hong Kong, Czech Republic, Spain, The Netherlands and Belgium. It's possible they put them in others and just didn't capture that in the SG though...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KKrause
    Answer ✓
    Turns out that the fingerprint reader was disabled in the Google Workspace config, which took me ages to find out. So after all, it works fine now.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,467 Trailblazer
    Good to know how you found a work around... Hopefully others will be able to get it right without the ages. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.