Using HDMI switch w/ Predator X27 bmiphzx?

Mll5426
Mll5426 Member Posts: 6 New User
I am trying to use a 3-port HDMI switch (4K @ 60Hz) with my X27 monitor. Switch Port 1 is connected to my Xbox Series X without issue. Switch Ports 2 & 3 are connected to laptops, I am getting “no signal.” I plugged this setup into a 4K Hisense TV and I can switch to all 3 ports without issue. I even tried to connect each laptop directly to the monitor via HDMI and they work without issue. Just seems to be a problem with the X27 monitor working with the switch… any ideas?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    (1) What switch brand & model are you using?
    (2) What resolutions are you trying to use?

Jack E/NJ

• Mll5426
    Mll5426 Member Posts: 6 New User
    JackE said:
    (1) What switch brand & model are you using? 
    (2) What resolutions are you trying to use?
    Switch: HDMI Switch 4K@60Hz【Upgraded】3 in 1 Out HDMI Switch Splitter, 3 Port Hdmi Switch Box Supports Full HD 4K 1080P 3D,Multi Port Switcher Selector 2.0 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P1BN2VG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_xGKrAzJIgDCMD

Resolutions: 1 XBOX is running 4K @ 60hz
    2 laptop is running 4K @ 48hz

what’s interesting is that looking at the advanced display settings of the x27 monitor in windows 10, the refresh rate is capped at 30hz. I can’t select any higher, only lower hz. When I “list all modes” of my intel 4600, all the modes are 48hz.

is it a problem with the switch that I bought?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    It looks like they are careful to state only 60Hz and 30Hz modes in the description of that HDMI switch. I wonder if it just doesn't handle 48Hz?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • NikonX
    NikonX Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2022
    Yes, you can using HDMI switch w/ Predator X27 bmiphzx.

The Predator X34P is designed for ultimate gaming performance and style, the 21:9 aspect ratio and 34-inch curved screens transform your viewing experience by drawing you deep into the action. It also features NVIDIA G-SYNC technology to eliminate screen tearing which provide gamers the epic gaming experience and help to secure the victory. The brightness is 300 cd/m². 

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>I even tried to connect each laptop directly to the monitor via HDMI and they work without issue.>>>
    >>>When I “list all modes” of my intel 4600, all the modes are 48hz.>>>

That switch is primarily made for 30Hz & 60Hz refresh rates found in most TVs nowadays. It apparently cannot pass other rates too well. Are you sure the laptops can't be set to 30Hz at some other resolution just to test if the switch will pass 30Hz.

Jack E/NJ

• Danny2sins
    Danny2sins Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2023

Yes, it is possible to use an HDMI switch with the Predator X27 monitor. An HDMI switch allows you to connect multiple HDMI devices (such as a gaming console, cable box, or streaming device) to a single HDMI input on the monitor.