What do I do? I forced windows 11 update and now my fps is low nitro an515-55

Options
2krxn
2krxn Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited July 2022 in Windows 11
This happened months ago, I forced the windows 11 update by downloading windows 11 assistant and I kind of forced the update because I didn't wait until I had option to update windows 11. So now when i play any type of video game when im on fullscreen my fps lowers around by 100 fps and it does not even feel like 100 fps but if i minimize my screen to the lowest its around 200+ please help. I tried going back to windows 10 but I still have the same issue. I do not have a recovery point either, please help me
Stuff that might help:
I have a acer nitro an515-55
The issue has been going on for months now
There has not been any hardware changes
My laptop is 144 Hz

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options
    Go to this link and try first updating the Win11 GPU drivers for  which nvidia GPU that you have. If it doesn't work, we can then try some of the other update Win11 drivers.

Jack E/NJ

• 2krxn
    Options
    JackE said:
    Go to this link and try first updating the Win11 GPU drivers for  which nvidia GPU that you have. If it doesn't work, we can then try some of the other update Win11 drivers.

I have a nvidia gtx 1650  so I only download the one that says VGA Driver (GeForce GTX 1650) ?
  • 2krxn
    Options
    I tried downloading the one that said VGA Driver (GeForce GTX 1650) and I am still facing the same issue
  • JackE
    Options
    Now try the update Win11 chipset driver. Don't forget to reboot after each driver  update.

Jack E/NJ

• 2krxn
    Options
    I tried downloading Chipset Driver (for 10th Gen CPU) and restarted my laptop once it finished downloading and I am still facing the same issue
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. Let's now try to download and install iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it can pick up or recommend any on line drivers that work better under Win11.

Jack E/NJ

• 2krxn
    Options
    Can you send the link to the website?
  • JackE
    Options
    iobit.com

Jack E/NJ

• 2krxn
    Options
    I updated all the drivers the app said I should be installing and I am still facing the same issue
  • JackE
    Options
    Check your advanced power plan settings to make sure maximum processor states are set to 90-100% in the process power management tab. Also, your battery must be 100% charged and plugged in BEFORE starting heaving loads.

Jack E/NJ

• 2krxn
    Options
    I checked and it was 100 and 100 still didnt know
  • 2krxn
    Options
    I still have the same issue
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Once you have all the W11 drivers installed from Acer's support site, go ahead and download and install the latest GE Force Experience drivers direct from NVIDIA. They are constantly doing updates to improve performance with W11...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I tried going back to windows 10 but I still have the same issue. I do not have a recovery point either, please help me>>>

Did you go back to the original ACER OEM factory version of Win10 from the hidden ACER factory reset partition?

Jack E/NJ

• 2krxn
    Options
    I figured out what was the problem and it was that when i dont minimize my screen in a game i use my intel gpu but when i do minimize my screen i use my nvidia gpu is there a way to fix this? 
  • 2krxn
    Options
    I want my nvidia gpu used when im in fullscreen and a minimized screen
  • JackE
    Options
    It's safest to simply drag a corner of the nvidia screen with your left mouse button to the extreme corner of the actual LCD screen for full screen. Then drag it back to whatever minimized screen you want. 

Jack E/NJ

• 2krxn
    Options
    I mean that whenever im on fullscreen mode on a game my fps is much lowered because it is using my intel gpu but when i make my screen windowed and smaller it used my nvidia gtx 1650 gpu. 

Is there a way to fix this and make my nvidia gpu be used when im also in fullscreen mode?

This doesnt happen in every game it only happens in a game called Roblox
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    edited July 2022
    Options
    There might be a setting in GeForce Experience to set that behavior...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 2krxn
    Options
    I don't see any setting in GeForce Experience that has a switch for that