SA5-271 Keyboard Replacement Needed

df05df05 Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello!

I have had my Alpha Switch 12 for about 5 years and, unfortunately, the keyboard has stopped working! I would like to replace my keyboard and buy a new one but the Acer approved store for computer parts is sold out of the keyboard I need. I have had a hard time finding it from other stores online as well. The part number is NK.l1213.032. I have noticed that the microsoft store sells a keyboard that looks very similar to my now defunct one. Does anybody know of a magnetic keyboard that will be compatible with my Switch 12 (even from a different manufacturer)? If all else fails, ill get a bluetooth/usb keyboard :)

Thanks!

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE ACE Posts: 39,856 Trailblazer
    If you're willing to wait for delivery in your region (about 4 weeks) Google search keywords SA5-271 keyboard aliexpress. About $100usd for the keyboard & dock.
    Jack E/NJ
  • billseybillsey ACE Posts: 25,408 Trailblazer
    Also, in most instances when the keyboard is not working on a unit that hasn't been taken apart, the problem lies in the channel at the bottom of the tablet the keyboard attaches to. When they gets a little gunky the pogo pins don't make good enough contact. It's unusual for a keyboard to completely fail.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.