Winlocker I have removed the Hard drive from my Acer

mrmitchb
mrmitchb Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited July 2022 in All-In-One PCs
Winlocker question never answered. I have tried several avenues for years and still have never been able to access my Winlocker account. 
I have removed the Hard drive from my Acer and it is in an external case. I access all files from that Acer computer but can not get into the Winlocker program.
I remember the Password. I tried downloading a free trial of Winlocker but that was not successful. 

{Thread was edited more content }

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>I tried downloading a free trial of Winlocker>>>

Please post the web link for this free trial so we can see for ourselves.

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    mrmitchb said:
    Winlocker question never answered. I have tried several avenues for years and still have never been able to access my Winlocker account. 
    I have removed the Hard drive from my Acer and it is in an external case. I access all files from that Acer computer but can not get into the Winlocker program.
    I remember the Password. I tried downloading a free trial of Winlocker but that was not successful. 
    Allot of people have had problems with Windows Winlocker like you have.
  • mrmitchb
    mrmitchb Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I tried the free trial link a long time ago and could not get it to work. How would showing you the link help? 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>How would showing you the link help? >>>

Who knows? Might be helpful. Might not be helpful? Can't 100% guarantee anything one way or the other.

Jack E/NJ

• rajpoot2
    rajpoot2 Member Posts: 3 New User

I remember the Password. I tried downloading a free trial of Winlocker but that was not successf

you can try using forget username

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Do you mean BitLocker? The encryption used in BitLocker is very dependent on things not changing in the system, such as machine name and drive letters. That is part of the security... You have to have everything back to the state where it was working, then decrypt all data, then moving things around before re-encrypting.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.