Acer Aspire S3 MS2346 Bluetooth missing after upgrade to win10

afakan
afakan Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 2022 in Aspire Laptops
I've downloaded and installed wifi/bluetooth driver (Win8.1) from acer download for my device; however, bloothooth still does not work, not found. I've never needed BT before, so I am not sure if my laptop is equipped with one. I don't know how to verify this. Please help, currently os is win10.

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,621 Trailblazer
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    afakan said:
    I've downloaded and installed wifi/bluetooth driver (Win8.1) from acer download for my device; however, bloothooth still does not work, not found. I've never needed BT before, so I am not sure if my laptop is equipped with one. I don't know how to verify this. Please help, currently os is win10.
    Open the back cover and check if you have a wifi/bt card inside? As these cards are very reliable even if they are left idel and not used but, as this laptop is very old, the card could be faulty? If its not then take the card out and clean its pins and arial black and white wires pins and motherboard plug and reconnect the card and then install the Acer drivers and after reboot the laptop and see if the wifi and the BT works, if not then press the F3 key or the Fn+F3 keys together as that should activate the wifi/bt features, if all this does not make your card work, then the card is faulty, so replace the card with the exact card as a new one is very cheap and a great investment for convenience of using this old laptop laptop. Have a look at "Acer Aspire S3 MS2346 Repair a 2011 13'' S3- series laptop made by Acer" as this will give you a great guide of how to open this laptop.

Aspire S3 MS2346 with back cover removed

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,621 Trailblazer
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    afakan said:
    Open the back cover and check if you have a wifi/bt card inside? As these cards are very reliable even if they are left idel and not used but, as this laptop is very old, the card could be faulty? If its not then take the card out and clean its pins and arial black and white wires pins and motherboard plug and reconnect the card and then install the Acer drivers and after reboot the laptop and see if the wifi and the BT works, if not then press the F3 key or the Fn+F3 keys together as that should activate the wifi/bt features, if all this does not make your card work, then the card is faulty, so replace the card with the exact card as a new one is very cheap and a great investment for convenience of using this old laptop laptop. Have a look at "Acer Aspire S3 MS2346 Repair a 2011 13'' S3- series laptop made by Acer" as this will give you a great guide of how to open this laptop.

Aspire S3 MS2346 with back cover removed

• afakan
    afakan Member Posts: 2 New User
    thanks for the reply, I did one more restart. either that or fn+f3 did the trick.