KA242Y ABI monitor trails in dark areas

Options
seymour_schlong
seymour_schlong Member Posts: 3 New User
I got this monitor fairly recently to upgrade from an old one and it works really well!
My only real complaint is that in dark areas, it has a very apparent problem when moving the camera which causes the lighter parts of the screen to kind of leave brief ghost images.
I've tried searching around but I don't really know what to look up exactly, so if there's some setting to fix this, I would really appreciate it.

videos of the problem:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AV9EgPynNqn6z_-RA8fGStF4jkolusm0/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AVrAP9cbdYaHl6bJH8JpzSz2Z3aU7M9j/view?usp=sharing

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,627 Trailblazer
    Options
    It might help if you could reveal what's feeding it the video signal.

Jack E/NJ

• seymour_schlong
    Options
    JackE said:
    It might help if you could reveal what's feeding it the video signal.
    Just the HDMI cable that came with it, from my laptop. I've also tried using my Switch (using a different HDMI cable) and it has the same issue.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I got this monitor fairly recently to upgrade from an old one and it works really well!>>>

(1) Is it still under warranty?
    (2) If it works really well --- then does the jerky camera move ghost-image issue make the monitor performance unacceptable.

Jack E/NJ

• seymour_schlong
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>I got this monitor fairly recently to upgrade from an old one and it works really well!>>>

(1) Is it still under warranty?
    (2) If it works really well --- then does the jerky camera move ghost-image issue make the monitor performance unacceptable.
    1) I got it just less than a month ago, so yeah
    2) To me it's a deal-breaker I think. Which is why I'm checking in here to see if there's possibly a fix for it or if there's a setting I need to change.
    If not, NBD, I'll just see about exchanging or returning it.
  • JackE
    Options
    (1) Did you install the updated Win10 monitor drivers from this link.
    (2) If you didn't get users manuals, download them from the same link.
    (3) Do you have another monitor to check video out behavior from both laptops.
    (4) It might be helpful if you could reveal full model numbers of both laptops

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    Issues like this are often related to what signals are being sent to the monitor. Are you using HDR and/or FreeSync? Do you have an NVIDIA GPU, an AMD GPU or is the GPU built into the processor. That's why Jack is asking about your system model...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.