Predator ORION 7000 No sound after sleep from CG437KS

Options
iphonik4
iphonik4 Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited July 2022 in Predator Desktops
Hey guys, second day with my CG437KS and another problem... :/ this time no sound after waking up from sleep. The computer is Acer Predator ORION 7000 i9 RTX 3090. I always have to restart the monitor MANUALLY in order to get the sound back which is frustrating at this price range. Any ideas? PC is running WIN 11, newest drivers for the monitor downloaded, both connected via DP 1.5. Thanks

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• mhc
    mhc Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Mine works, but the sound unit is disconnected and re-connected every time, which resets audio units.
    My old DP display did not have this problem.
  • iphonik4
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Yup this might be the reason and because I've tested all 3 DP ports on my computer the monitor is shown under sound device preferences 3 times. I had to disable remaining entries of the monitor's speakers and now the sound works after sleep :)
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options

Jack E/NJ

• iphonik4
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Yup it is 6.0.9261.1 from Realtek. But after disabling 2 disconnected entries of my monitor in the sound device preferences the sound finally works after waking up from sleep (please see my post above). Thanks :)

• iphonik4
    edited July 2022
    Options
    UPDATE: the issue is back.... Acer... I have to power cycle the monitor to get the sound back
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Yup it is 6.0.9261.1 from Realtek.>>>
    >>>the issue is back.>>>

Did you also update the Realtek control panel?

Jack E/NJ

• iphonik4
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Yes, control panel is up to date. But I don't think it has something to do with Realtek. The audio goes through the DisplayPort in Nvidia RTX 3090, therefore the issue is related to nvidia high definition audio, not Realtek.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I had to disable remaining entries of the monitor's speakers and now the sound works after sleep>>>
    >>>The audio goes through the DisplayPort in Nvidia RTX 3090, therefore the issue is related to nvidia high definition audio, not Realtek.>>>

So re-trace your earlier fix. And then uninstall then reinstall the latest ACER OEM 3090 driver

Jack E/NJ

• iphonik4
    Options
    JackE said:

So re-trace your earlier fix. And then uninstall then reinstall the latest ACER OEM 3090 driver

did not work :( drivers downloaded directly from Acer...