Veriton N4660G boot but hangs shortly after windows loads.

Berlin123
Berlin123 Member Posts: 1 New User
I was planning on using the PCIE for a GTX 1050 ti which does not have any additional power pins (pcie powered). I tried a to test to see if it will work and I did manage to get it to boot but hangs shortly after windows loads.

Q1: as this is a 1L pc and only comes with 90w power adaptor, is this why it seems like it does not have enough juice to deliver the 75w on the PCIE slot?

Q2: Can I use the 135w power adaptor, will this provide the additional wattage for the PCIE slot or does it not work that way due to the form factor of the board?

Basically I wanted to use this as a HTCP just to play my movies off my hard drives and realised after I brought it that the hdmi port is 1.4b version (unless anyone can correct me) which won't do HDR, the GPU should be capable of this which is in a build I no longer require hence why I trying to get this to work.

[Edited topic title to include topic issue]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer
    (1) Yes. 15 watts is not enough left over for integrated CPU/GPU, boot drive, RAM, fans etc.
    (2) Yes, 135 watt PSU should be enough. But a 180 watt PSU would give you a lot more breathing room.

Google search the part nos. shown below for vendors who ship to your location. About $60usd for the 180 watt PSU

Jack E/NJ