G Sync not working with Predator CG437KS

Options
iphonik4
iphonik4 Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
Hi guys,

I'm having issues with G Sync on Acer Predator CG437KS, my computer is a Acer Predator Orion 7000 PO7-640 (the highest spec i9 with RTX 3090). First of all, I have no idea why the NVIDIA Control Panel says 'The Selected Display is not validated as Gsync Compatible' - see the screen shots (they are in czech language but I'm sure you guys know this Nvidia control panel pretty well). Acer Predator CG437KS is G sync compatible and should be listed as validated. The cable I use is the DP included in the monitor's box. I also have the latest Nvidia drivers for RTX 3090 installed. I would not mind the note if I was sure that the G Sync is working correctly which I think it is not. Please see the video from Nvidia G-SYNC Pendulum Demo: https://vimeo.com/727760475 , the tearing is really bad. What could be the reason of this issue with both such a high-end desktop and monitor?

Thanks. Robin

Answers

• iphonik4
    edited July 2022
    Options
    the pendulum tearing solved by setting the frequency from 60 to 144 Hz :) but I have no idea why there is the "The Selected Display is not validated as Gsync Compatible" note... Maybe the app's source is this database https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/ which only lists CG437K P (which is the older version of my CG437K S). Anyone with CG437K S can confirm getting the same message?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,621 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>NVIDIA Control Panel says 'The Selected Display is not validated as Gsync Compatible' >>>
    >>>Acer Predator CG437KS is G sync compatible and should be listed as validated.>>>

Yes, agreed. The CG437KS  should be listed or embedded in the nvidia CP software. But apparently it's NOT. So it refuse to enable G-Sync even though it's compatible. The problem seems to be with the nvidia CP software. Where'd you get it?

Jack E/NJ

• iphonik4
    Options
    I was able to manually turn on G Sync and it seems to work. The note "The Selected Display is not validated as Gsync Compatible" is still in the app however...
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,621 Trailblazer
    Options
    Congratulations. Sometimes you gotta over-ride what's missing from the embedded software listing. So ignor the message. Or you can wait or search for an updated nvidia Control Panel app if the message bothers you too much. Thanks for reporting back.

Jack E/NJ