Does the Aspire TC-886 motherboard have PWM for CPU fan?

Options
124»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,627 Trailblazer
    Options
    Like bathroom exhaust fans, there are likely quieter, more efficient 80mm cpu fans than the Arctic or the one's Acer uses. Perhaps a google search is in order. :)

Jack E/NJ

• chumbo
    chumbo Member Posts: 34 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Well, I chose Arctic based on a google search and the many rave reviews and previous personal experience as well with the brand. 
    As I said, I think that being limited to an 80 mm fan, even the best can only do so much 🙄
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, there's not too much that can be done with fan design other than changing the pitch of the blades. Steeper pitch moves more air at the same RPM, but moving more air makes more noise. So, the quiet fans move less air at the same fan speed, which means there is less cooling. The best solution for fan noise under a heavy load is a more efficient heat sink, so more cooling happens with the same air flow. That's typically one that's taller or more fins in the same area. Taller has problems with some cases, more fins in the same area gathers dust faster so clogs more often.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.