acer predator helios 300 ph315-51 wont turn on

Options
nneticc
nneticc Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

so like yesterday i had a issue with my graphics card it wont detect it showed code 45 and after some time it fixed it self and now today when i try to open my laptop it wont turn on it shows its charging but it wont turn on i tried to reset the battary but it wont turn on it opens for 3secs with a black screen and turns off again iam out of warranty btw what do i do pls help my exam are near i wanna study ):

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>i tried to reset the battary >>>

Describe exactly how you tried to reset the battery.

Jack E/NJ

• nneticc

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>i tried to reset the battary >>>

Describe exactly how you tried to reset the battery.
    from the reset pin hole at the back. and today when i try to charge it its showing no sign of life like no charging light no nothing pls help what do i do

• JackE
    Options
    >>>from the reset pin hole at the back>>>

Which pinhole did you use on the back in the image below? 

Jack E/NJ

• nneticc

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>from the resJackE said:

the one which is circled . and i also opened the ram panel i took out the ram and placed it back in and closed the lid is it cuz of that???
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry, the image you just posted above does not seem to be for the PH315-51 series. The image shown below is for the PH315-51 Please post a phone photo of the back of your laptop.

Jack E/NJ

• nneticc

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Sorry, the image you just posted above does not seem to be for the PH315-51 series. The image shown below is for the PH315-51 Please post a phone photo of the back of your laptop.

nneticc said:
    JackE said:
    >>>from the resJackE said:

the one which is circled . and i also opened the ram panel i took out the ram and placed it back in and closed the lid is it cuz of that?
    JackE said:

but i have a same hole at the back with like a battery sign i used this to reset my battery (: but now it shows no sign of charging or opening
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. Try this.
    (1) Unplug the charger. No LEDs should be lit.
    (2) Then gently insert and press a paper clip into the battery disconnect pinhole again for about a minute. At the same time, press and hold the power button.
    (3) Then release the power button first. Then remove the paper clip.
    (4) Then plug the charger back in. Don't try to turn the machine on.

Does the battery charge LED now light up orange, blinking or blue?

Jack E/NJ

• nneticc

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    OK. Try this.
    (2) Then gently insert and press a paper clip into the battery disconnect pinhole again for about a minute. At the same time, press and hold the power button.

it didnt work the LED is not lighting upp ):

• nneticc

Tinkerer

Options
    i hope my motherboard is not dead ):JackE said:
    OK. Try this.

• JackE
    Options
    Check the voltage output of the charger's plug between its center hole contact and its outer barrel with a multimeter. Should be about 19v DC.

Jack E/NJ

• nneticc

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Check the voltage output of the charger's plug between its center hole contact and its outer barrel with a multimeter. Should be about 19v DC.
    i dont have a multimeter ): what do i do should i try to use some other charger???

• nneticc

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    but still if my charger was broken why would it shut off suddenly ??? shouldnt it run on batter power is my motherboard gone or smtn??? ):
  • JackE
    Options
    Yes, but if the charger was broken, then the battery would drain until its charge was empty. Then it would also shut down suddenly.

Jack E/NJ

• nneticc

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Yes, but if the charger was broken, then the battery would drain until its charge was empty. Then it would also shut down suddenly.
    my battery was at 56% then it suddenly shutdown what should i do is my motherboard dead or smtn):

• JackE
    Options
    Do you watch the battery meter all the time so that you know it was 56% at the moment of shutdown?

Jack E/NJ

• nneticc

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Do you watch the battery meter all the time so that you know it was 56% at the moment of shutdown?
    noo it was chargeing so i looked at the bar it was like half way full so i estimated the %
  • JackE
    Options
    >>it was chargeing so i looked at the bar it was like half way full so i estimated the % >>>

Yes, but how do you know it was actually charging? The position of the bar only estimates battery capacity, not if  it is charging. Capacity also doesn't tell you if the battery can deliver enough power  or amps to keep the laptop on even if capacity was 100%..

Jack E/NJ

• nneticc

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>it was chargeing so i looked at the bar it was like half way full so i estimated the % >>>

Yes, but how do you know it was actually charging? The position of the bar only estimates battery capacity, not if  it is charging. Capacity also doesn't tell you if the battery can deliver enough power  or amps to keep the laptop on even if capacity was 100%..

yes it was charging cuz there was a plug logo and the led was lighting up
  • JackE
    Options
    Then the battery probably has developed a short cell and can no longer be charged or used due to fire hazard. Does the battery LED light up plugged in.

Jack E/NJ

• nneticc

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Then the battery probably has developed a short cell and can no longer be charged or used due to fire hazard. Does the battery LED light up plugged in.
    no it doesnt ): what should i do . should i disconnect the battery from inside and try to run in on ac???