AN515-57 cannot recover or restore

Options
darrellb
darrellb Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2022 in Windows 11
I've been trying to get this laptop recovered for a few days now. I power up and i'm asked what language, then which option to use for recovery - use device, troubleshoot, or turn off pc. I have selected each and am frustrated at each selection. startup repair couldn't repair the pc. I go to the command prompt and c,d and x drives are all there...with the expected contents but I cannot seem to get this laptop back up.

Now full disclosure - I tried to install a secondary M.2 SSD and that was about the time it all went to hell. I first had this issue and removed the secondary SSD. All was fine. Then after a few days of operation now this.

Hopefully this is enough info but let me know if there is anything else I need to add.

AN515-57-536Q-US WNHCML64NT/I5-11400H/BT/GTX 1650/8G/256GB PCI NVME/4L3.57/15.6

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    Options
    darrellb said:
    I've been trying to get this laptop recovered for a few days now. I power up and i'm asked what language, then which option to use for recovery - use device, troubleshoot, or turn off pc. I have selected each and am frustrated at each selection. startup repair couldn't repair the pc. I go to the command prompt and c,d and x drives are all there...with the expected contents but I cannot seem to get this laptop back up.

Now full disclosure - I tried to install a secondary M.2 SSD and that was about the time it all went to hell. I first had this issue and removed the secondary SSD. All was fine. Then after a few days of operation now this.

Hopefully this is enough info but let me know if there is anything else I need to add.

AN515-57-536Q-US WNHCML64NT/I5-11400H/BT/GTX 1650/8G/256GB PCI NVME/4L3.57/15.6

My advice to you is to reinstall windows, if you have very valuable data on the drive then get a experienced data recovery technician to recover this for you, Do a “Clean Install” of Windows and to do this you need to get into Advanced Options > UEFI Firmware Settings then boot to the windows USB installation and delete all portions and go through the windows installation process and choose "Custom Install Windows only (advanced)" and if you don't see the boot drive then install the "IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver" as that is why "you don't see the boot drive" as the system needs this Intel driver. when you do the install make sure that you have a USB with the "IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver Version: 18.6.1.1016.2 driver on a separate USB" which is what makes windows recognize the M.2 drives, then go through the installation process and do all the updates,